• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Aldi specials

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LiquidGold said:
Bulk cling wrap and di-san this sat for anyone that manages to get through normal sizes too quickly. 3c per metre sounds pretty hard to beat.
I know they say 3c per metre, but maths ain't there strong point: it is closer to 2c per metre ($7 for 300metres).

Black n Tan said:
I know they say 3c per metre, but maths ain't there strong point: it is closer to 2c per metre ($7 for 300metres).
I think they have to round up otherwise they would have to mark it down to 6dollars

The disan has eucalyptus oil in it, didn't realise until after I'd bought it

Don't know how well the lid would seal, also not sure about the chromed plastic tap
Now if it was a stainless tap, I'd be all over that for... other uses...

Good points. I'd thought about the seal and figured it might not actually be so good for meads or aging experimental batches which were my first thoughts but I hadn't picked up on the tap. Might be better off sticking with the demis after all.

Cheers

You could possibly wrap a bunch of teflon tape around the lid seal and jam it in there tightly, might seal ok

Awesome, just what I've been looking for to start some kombucha.

Have had an unopened bottle in the fridge for months waiting to find a reasonably priced vessel to start it in.

tiprya said:
Awesome, just what I've been looking for to start some kombucha.

Have had an unopened bottle in the fridge for months waiting to find a reasonably priced vessel to start it in.
My mate brews kombucha for parties/festivals and I am going to grab some of the mushroom/scoby this weekend now that I too, have found a vessel! Really looking forward to it, wonderful stuff.

Hmm. Should be perfect for farmhouse style flat scrumpy with some pretty apple wedges floating around inside, might grab one as my cider consumption is pretty modest. I'd guess clingwrap the opening, insert lid and trim off neatly around.

Nice unit, the tap is pretty well sealed with a soft plastic bulkhead and should be ok to sanitize same as a normal "Bunnings" tap.

Top also has an interesting soft plastic "bulkhead" arrangement where you have to slide the top in at an angle to get the glass rim fitting into the plastic, I reckon it will be an excellent seal for fermenting. For serving I'll probably feed the brew with a bit of apple juice regularly to keep CO2 slowly venting off. Might even turn into a perpetual cider generator, especially at room temp. :super:
aldi glassie 1.jpg

aldi glassie 2.jpg

Bribie G said:
Nice unit, the tap is pretty well sealed with a soft plastic bulkhead and should be ok to sanitize same as a normal "Bunnings" tap.

Top also has an interesting soft plastic "bulkhead" arrangement where you have to slide the top in at an angle to get the glass rim fitting into the plastic, I reckon it will be an excellent seal for fermenting. For serving I'll probably feed the brew with a bit of apple juice regularly to keep CO2 slowly venting off. Might even turn into a perpetual cider generator, especially at room temp. :super:
attachicon.gif
aldi glassie 1.jpg

attachicon.gif
aldi glassie 2.jpg
I had a perpetual cider going for around 6 months in the keg fridge, I kegged it at around 1010, as it was slowly consumed it dryed out so I'd add more apple juice. So my advice is leave it at room it you like your cider dry and fridge if you like it a lil sweeter.

MB

Got a call from SWMBO today saying that she picked up the scales, folllowed by oh and I got this and this and I almost bought that and this Aldi place is bad I want to buy it all.

Me with a shit eating grin on the other end, after a mince up of words we have decided that she is a compulsive impulsive buyer.

Latest posts

Back