• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Aldi specials

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never saw these advertised, but my 2 local Aldis have cans of Balmain pilsner for $15 per 6 pack and $50 per slab.
A bloody nice drop

20151019_220235.jpg

Ringwood also has/had some.

I'm not mega-keen on Pilsner generally, so I didn't bother.

Aldi have chest freezers and upright (doored) freezers at the moment....

~$250 for the chesty and $199 for the upright.

The Balmain is an ongoing contract with Aldi, saw that it Brewsnews or the Shout or somewhere. I used to enjoy it on tap in Sydney in a pub opposite that "melting building" on Broadway but it got knocked down. The pub that is.

dannymars said:
Aldi have chest freezers and upright (doored) freezers at the moment....

~$250 for the chesty and $199 for the upright.
There was a conversation on their merits on the previous page ;)

I converted the aldi chest freezer some weeks ago with the STC1000 and its currently sitting on my deck, it works a treat keeping mega swill, extract and bottled home brew extremely chilly

How time flies - dolly trollies on sale again on Wed. 27 Jan 2016.

Same price as this time last year, $14.99.

Feldon said:
On sale Saturday,17 Jan 2015.

Good for moving heavy fermentors and kegs about.

Price: $14.99 each (two models to choose from).

attachicon.gif
Aldi trolley.jpg

Product Description:
  • Ideal for transporting heavy loads
  • With 4 castors and anti slip mat
  • Maximum load capacity 250kg
  • Available in Round (380mm diameter) or Rectangle (575 x 290mm)
Dolly Trolley rectangle:
  • MDF plate 575 x 290 x 18 mm
  • Rounded edge, handle opening and anti-slip mat
  • Suitable for robust grounds
  • 4 castors, diameter approx. 75 mm (3"), width 30 mm, colour white
  • Max. load capacity 250 kg
  • Weight: 3.3kg
Dolly Trolley round:
  • MDF plate 380 x 18 mm
  • Rounded edge, handle opening and anti-slip mat
  • Suitable for robust grounds
  • 4 castors, diameter approx. 75 mm (3"), width 30 mm, colour white
  • Max. load capacity 250 kg
  • Weight: 2.5kg Material: Board: MDF Castors: PP, Steel Mat: EVA

Used mine for the first time last week!, but jeez it was good :)

Aldi open their first stores in SA next month. Looking forward to picking up the bargains.

Killer Brew said:
Aldi open their first stores in SA next month. Looking forward to picking up the bargains.
Not just the variety items in the centre aisles. You are going to save so much money on grocery and cleaning products as well.

WRT grog they would have to go through a licensing application town by town.
Do Foodland IGA sell alcohol in SA?
If so then Aldi should be OK.

Bribie G said:
Not just the variety items in the centre aisles. You are going to save so much money on grocery and cleaning products as well.

no supermarkets in SA are allowed to sell alcohol in aisle. protection for independent bottlos

Bribie G said:

the proverbial double edged sword for me. as state manager for a leading branded grocery supplier every sale within the category in aldi impacts our sales negatively. i have no love for coles or woolies either though

Aldi in NSW at any rate don't sell "in aisle" as such. There's a small liquor enclave that has the statutory Under 18s notice at the entrance, very similar in concept to NSW supermarkets where you often enter the liquor store through an archway. Liquor can only be purchased at the checkout right next to the enclave (not unlike supermarkets who still sell smokes, that can only be purchased from one till. )

So in the case of Coles or Woolies you're standing next to the baked beans aisle and looking across into the liquor "room":

Woolworths-liquor.jpg

In Queensland they have a similar system which bypasses the State ban on supermarket sales; to get around this the BWS or LL shop, whilst able to be situated right next door to the Woolworths or Coles entrance in a shopping mall, can't be accessed directly out of the supermarket.

Yup I guess for National Brands suppliers the rise of House Brands can be a worry. I guess it cuts both ways if you look at Australian suppliers as a whole. For example I couldn't get to Aldi and had to buy some Duo laundry detergent (that I'd been using for fifteen years until I started shopping at Aldi) and noticed that it's now made in China.

The Aldi equivalent is made here, and like their entire cleaning range would be from Jalco Household and Fabric Care, Sydney. They put up a TV ad recently.

If you look at lots of food from NZ its product of New Zealand so could be from china same with Australian .

Vacuum sealer back Wed 6th February, not on their site yet. Still $70

Also electric can opener for Coopers brewers B)

Bribie G said:

They have the rolls of sealer bags as well Bribie?

Bribie G said:

Another item from a few weeks ago that might be still available at Aldi is the 'SOS Silicone Tape'. It a 3m roll a self-fusing silicone tape. You stretch it as you wrap it around something and it binds to itself becoming one piece of silicone. Temp range -50C to +260C. Electrical insulation 8,000 volts (unstretched thickness)

Ideal for repairing the plastic coverings on ball valve handles that have been accidentally burnt off. And for wrapping around metal hose connections to provide something cool to grab hold of.

Batz said:
As for quality, this mob has the best product. I buy their bulk vacuum 100 um bags for chamber vacuum Sous vide and have absolutely no complaints.
I go through 1000+ a year.
They also have micro-channel bags but I don't know how the price compares.

http://pacfood.com.au/shop/index.php

Latest posts

Back