• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Aldi specials

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
roastin said:
Will be interesting comparing my Marzen to some of these. I feel a blind tasting with pretzels and Bratwurst coming on.
attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1442815472.241748.jpg
Can't see it listed yet? That's last years pack yeah?

Aldi Civic in Newcastle has heaps of AC DC in tins and kegs, Hofbrau Helles and Hefe in 6s or cartons, Paulaner litre tins in Stein and Paulaner 5l kegs.
Scored a keg and slab of Hofbrau hell.
Slabs are 60.

Hic.

takai said:
Noticed that the Aldi chest freezers are on again, 145L this time. Any guesses on how many 19L kegs you could fit in?

https://www.aldi.com.au/en/special-buys/special-buys-wed-14-oct/wednesday-detail-wk-42/ps/p/145l-chest-freezer/

The dimensions seem a bit squiffy though, (Dimensions: 845(H) x 1390(W) x 705(W)mm) Sounds like that is the packaging dimensions not the actual item dimensions.
Anyone know what their internal capacity is?
Perfect timing, my keezer shat itself when we moved from Coffs to Muswellbrook
I'll get onto mrs sp0rk and tell her she HAS to pick one up, lol

true, worth getting someone to measure up the internals I suppose. I'd be hesitant otherwise

kaiserben said:
Branded or blank?
All the ones that I saw at our local Aldi seemed to have a little picture on them, no brand though.

takai said:
Noticed that the Aldi chest freezers are on again, 145L this time. Any guesses on how many 19L kegs you could fit in?

https://www.aldi.com.au/en/special-buys/special-buys-wed-14-oct/wednesday-detail-wk-42/ps/p/145l-chest-freezer/

The dimensions seem a bit squiffy though, (Dimensions: 845(H) x 1390(W) x 705(W)mm) Sounds like that is the packaging dimensions not the actual item dimensions.
Anyone know what their internal capacity is?
There was a post on here somewhere about the older 150L version, someone had 4 in it with a collar

I've got one of the older versions that I use as a food freezer.
Great little unit but you would need a huge collar.

Fair enough, might keep saving my bottle tops and go for another 200L jobbie

I bought one of the Aldi freezers yesterday and an STC1000 off eBay for $17 to replace the thermostat with. I'm going to use it as a drinks fridge on my outside deck as my shark Bar B Q trolley fridge looks to be dying or getting low on gas, You'd thing me being a fridgie I could fix it but it will be cheaper easier and quicker to replace it with the Aldi freezer. Don't know how others feel but having a chest fridge on the deck is awesome and I'm a little sad my shark BBQ fridge is dying.

Latest posts

Back