Air Lock

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
try the search function :lol:

how long has the brew been in the fermenter..what type of yeast...and what are you brewing..also tighten the lid does help..

I never used to have a problem before, it's only since I've removed the lid and started using glad wrap... What should I do? :eek:

QldKev

I never used to have a problem before, it's only since I've removed the lid and started using glad wrap... What should I do? :eek:

QldKev

I use food grade gaffa tape to tape my airlock to the glad wrap seems to work well but you do need a second layer of glad wrap for strength. Also I have found that if you put the airlock in the lid upside down it prevents bugs getting into your brew from the top of the air lock :huh:

Brad

how long has the brew been in the fermenter..what type of yeast...and what are you brewing..also tighten the lid does help..

I got the bacterial type yest, and brewing beer. But I can not find the lid, it went out in the rubbish truck a couple of months ago :mellow:

I got the bacterial type yest, and brewing beer. But I can not find the lid, it went out in the rubbish truck a couple of months ago :mellow:

Now be nice. He's trying to help.

QldKev

can see the problem now, what you need is a hammer, a screwdriver and some silicone.that lot can fix all your problems

cat_airlock.jpg

Ahh, my googling is good.

i had the same problem. Fixed it SUPER EASY.

Steps to Fixing a broken airlock due to using glad wrap
1. Make sure the fermenter is full
2. Get a 9mm drill bit and put it in your charged cordless drill or power drill
3. Bore a 9mm hole about 1 inch to the right of the tap all the way thru the fermenter(not the left...must be right)
4. Ignore the beer spillage, you can lick that up later.
5. Insert a rubber bung and the airlock into the new hole
6. whammo, your done...back up and running again mate...

Have fun
(dont forget to lick up that spilt beer. If you are super OCD then have a bucket ready beforehand ready to catch the beer

QldKev

My air lock is not bubbling. What should I do...

Add some chinese hops,they make anything bubble. B)

If you are a good brewer..............otherwise no bubbles

BTW what was wrong with Butters?Or was it a pommy thing?Wrong soccer team?
I never understood the hate and still don't??

There is no hate. Everyone has nothing but love for Butters.

Excluding Darren, I suppose.

Latest posts

Back