Air Lock

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man milo will not work unless you put it in the coffee grinder, and it doesnt take that long either......youve just got to think outside the square and say **** that to experience and advice, before you you know it you'll be the gun brewer..........

LMFAO

QldKev

Thanks, fellas! My house is full of sick, grumpy girls at the moment. So glad I can rely on a bunch of alcoholic strangers on the internet for a bloody good laugh :D

Back on topic now. My airlock is bubbling, what should I do?

Brilliant, i will create my next recipe using the sarcasm font...............only problem i can see is when i drink copius amount of sarcastic beer people wont know and think im a smart ass. :lol:

I knew there was a reason Brad... :lol:

Thanks, fellas! My house is full of sick, grumpy girls at the moment. So glad I can rely on a bunch of alcoholic strangers on the internet for a bloody good laugh :D

Back on topic now. My airlock is bubbling, what should I do?

Bottle now. Once the airlock has stopped bubbling yr beer will have a dead kitten flavour which is undesirable unless yr aiming for a dead kitten ale.

Edit: My sarcasm font isn't working. Is that because my airlock stopped bubbling?

I'm thinking about making a breakfast ale, should i use vegemite, or peanut butter in it?

I'm thinking about making a breakfast ale, should i use vegemite, or peanut butter in it?

I think you've misunderstood the concept of a breakfast ale. They are so called because they're made with cereal - sometimes wheat, or even barley.

Try cornflakes - you could be on to a winner.

Hi guys,

I put a brew down yesterday and the hydrometer says it's the same today. Should I bottle?

Brew was 3 tins of milo and a finishing hop tablet.

Also I think I may have invented a new way of brewing using malt instead of sugar.

Milk stout?

Or chocolate porter?

I choked my cat but it's not dead yet, it keeps meowing. Should I choke it again?

Should I be priming on the high end of the scale for this cat beer, or is that just for kitten beer?

Does the rapier like Wit arround here account for my sharp tasting beers?

(this thread is gold, good to see some people letting off a bit of steam)

I choked my cat but it's not dead yet, it keeps meowing. Should I choke it again?

hahahahaha, that quote resulted in beer spraying out of nearly every orifice of my fat carcass, i now have amarillo tears :D :lol:

cheers
matt

Brilliant, i will create my next recipe using the sarcasm font...............only problem i can see is when i drink copius amount of sarcastic beer people wont know and think im a smart ass. :lol:
Brad, Sarcasm Font's are used for serving finished beer from the keg, not recipe creation. You still got a bit to learn about this beer thing. :lol:

Brad, Sarcasm Font's are used for serving finished beer from the keg, not recipe creation. You still got a bit to learn about this beer thing.

:lol: :lol: :lol: . Guess I am a noobie giving bad advice :( BTW those fonts sound great were can I get one and can I fit a picnic tap on it?

I wen to the cake shop & they gave me a very strange look when i ordered a yeast cake, how do you make such a cake? Can you buy them somewhere?

Of course you can fit a picnic tap to a sarcasm font... all you need is a drill, (the same one you use to fit the airlock in the side of the fermentor) a hole punch (to punch the holes for the nail) and a nail to hold the tap in place. Make sure that the nail is long enough to go all the way through the font so you can bend it over at the back. Note if you have a flooded sarcasm font you will need to use chewing gum to fill any gaps thus stopping leaks.

Gavo

I wen to the cake shop & they gave me a very strange look when i ordered a yeast cake, how do you make such a cake? Can you buy them somewhere?

Yeast cakes are in the bottom of your fermented beer.

When harvesting your yeast force it through a fine sieve to extract the sarcasm font as this is the secret to a dry finish.

Oh and be sure the font is leaning to the right before reusing.

Cheers and good luck with it. :)

:lol: :lol: :lol: , Goldy ya dumb **** ya need a special stainlees steel cake tray to make a yeast cake. Be careful not to use a plastic tray or you might end up with a yeast infection.

Back