Air Lock

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My air lock is not bubbling. What should I do...

Kev, call an ambulance, give 2 breaths followed by 30 pumps to the chest repeat the process until medical aid arrives, good luck. :(

bean.jpg

Sometimes if my airlock doesn't bubble i try raising temps until it starts.

I find about 28 degrees to be the sweet spot for an ale or about 20 degrees for a lager.

It's pretty important to make sure it bubbles especially if you're doing a VB clone.
:D

I got the bacterial type yest, and brewing beer. But I can not find the lid, it went out in the rubbish truck a couple of months ago :mellow:

Pure Gold QldKev!!!! :lol: :lol:

Maybe next time try some bakers yeast? :icon_drool2:

Hi guys,

I put a brew down yesterday and the hydrometer says it's the same today. Should I bottle?

Brew was 3 tins of milo and a finishing hop tablet.

Also I think I may have invented a new way of brewing using malt instead of sugar.

Hi guys,

I put a brew down yesterday and the hydrometer says it's the same today. Should I bottle?

Also I think I may have invented a new way of brewing using malt instead of sugar.

Hi Manticle,
It looks a lot like you may have forgotten to put the yeast in. I'd still go ahead and bottle but spit into each bottle and put an air lock in every one.

Maybe the mods could "airlock" this thread so the newbies can learn all this stuff in the one hit.

Would save the regulars having to explain it over and over again...

Btw manticle, what is this "malt" you speak of? And will it dry out my VB clone?

I have found the absorbent towel advertised by that fat tall bloke off masterchef will dry anything out. You could try it for your beer. Otherwise just add a few mLs of tooheys extra to the bottom of each bottle when you prime.

Cheers.

Since switching to glad wrap on my fermenter, i now use my airlock as a breathalyser. I stick it in my mouth and if it's bubbling i've drunk way too much.

hahahaha...GOLD...had me giggling like a little girl!!!

Sometimes if my airlock doesn't bubble i try raising temps until it starts.
I find about 28 degrees to be the sweet spot for an ale or about 20 degrees for a lager.
It's pretty important to make sure it bubbles especially if you're doing a VB clone.
:D

Man milo will not work unless you put it in the coffee grinder, and it doesnt take that long either......youve just got to think outside the square and say **** that to experience and advice, before you you know it you'll be the gun brewer..........

I have found the absorbent towel advertised by that fat tall bloke off masterchef will dry anything out. You could try it for your beer. Otherwise just add a few mLs of tooheys extra to the bottom of each bottle when you prime.

Cheers.

I use a pair of disposable nappies during fermentation and find this gives a nice dryness to the finished beer.

Also any persons wishing to clone VB the nappies are best used after their initial intended use, imparts that original satisfying flavour. The one problem I have yet to overcome is head retention, I have tried soap ECT but Im yet to crack that perfect head.

Thanks in advance to all who reply.

I use a pair of disposable nappies during fermentation and find this gives a nice dryness to the finished beer.

Also any persons wishing to clone VB the nappies are best used after their initial intended use, imparts that original satisfying flavour. The one problem I have yet to overcome is head retention, I have tried soap ECT but I'm yet to crack that perfect head.

Thanks in advance to all who reply.

You need to switch to detergent. It holds the bubbles better than soap.

I take my newly filled keg down to the laundromat and put it in the commercial dryer..........I have found that 20 minutes gives me a dry beer but if I leave it in for 37 minutes i get extra dry beer I cant believe how ingenious I am an that none of you clowns have thought to do this before.

This is my sarcasm font

Ok I will stop now :angry:

I take my newly filled keg down to the laundromat and put it in the commercial dryer..........I have found that 20 minutes gives me a dry beer but if I leave it in for 37 minutes i get extra dry beer I cant believe how ingenious I am an that none of you clowns have thought to do this before.

This is my sarcasm font

Ok I will stop now :angry:

Brad have you tried using your sarcasm font in a brew yet?

I think this would dry out the beer exceptionally well and launch you into the brewers hall of fame.

Just remember that this is my idea and that I should receive all the credit. :rolleyes:

I think this would dry out the beer exceptionally well and launch you into the brewer's hall of fame.

Just remember that this is my idea and that I should receive all the credit. :rolleyes:

You need to be careful there. If your sarcasm is dripping it might have the opposite effect. ;)

I think this would dry out the beer exceptionally well and launch you into the brewer's hall of fame.

Brilliant, i will create my next recipe using the sarcasm font...............only problem i can see is when i drink copius amount of sarcastic beer people wont know and think im a smart ass. :lol:

Brilliant, i will create my next recipe using the sarcasm font...............only problem i can see is when i drink copius amount of sarcastic beer people wont know and think im a smart ass. :lol:

Brilliant :lol:

Back