AHB Biggest Loser Challenge!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shit house again for me, 105.1kg. Damn smoked venison, and lamb shoulder, then a massive pub meal lunch yesterday.

Tis not the season for weight loss.

wbosher said:
I've managed to loose about 5cm from around my belly in the last few weeks...haven't lost any weight though. :huh:

All I'm doing is going for a brisk 30 minute walk in my lunch break, and using the stairs (I'm on the 9th floor) rather than the lift. Haven't really changed my diet or beer intake though, well maybe scaled the portion size down a touch but not much.

I'm actually quite surprised how much you can achieve by doing so little....
That'll happen, if your exercising and you rarely have before, you'll be growing muscle, which weighs more than fat. As you said, only way to tell is pinch ya gut or measure. Your still loosing weight, just won't notice on the scales.

Starting weight 99
Current weight. 97.9
Goal weight 89

Lost 0.1 this week on holidays now so will get on the bike

Weigh in
Starting weight 105.8
Last weigh in 105.2
Today 103.7
Goal 95

Won't join in with weigh ins because I'm so late to the game. Lost almost two kilos over the last two weeks while I was away at work, felt so good to be back in the gym. I'm not expecting to lose much more as I build muscle back up after breaking my ankle two months ago. Lost so much muscle in my legs and I've stepped up my weight training because I'm restricted in what I can do cardio wise and no weight training for legs.

Last weigh in
This
Steady as she goes. Might have to start exercising to increase loss now.

Cheers
D80

Put .5 on this week, but thought it may have been more with xmas etc

Jumped on the scales xmas morning....67.8kg yeah for me lowest for ages.

Jumped on the scales xmas night after lunch and dinner...69.8kg

Curious today after boxing day...70.2

Oh well....its xmas

I don't think I'm losing weight ATM which is frustrating - doing work in the garden of our new place and it's ages since I've done this. I think my arms are getting bigger, done stuff like fill the ute with horse shit etc so maybe that's why. Sweat is just pissing out of me lol. Well I feel a lot better I guess, just need to press on -_-

Great thread and efforts so far...

I know there is a lot of negative publicity about it but I highly recommend crossfit.

I went from doing an ironman triathlon in may to doing nothing for 4 months. Put on a few kegs.

I started crossfit 4 months ago and while I haven't lost weight im the leanest, strongest and fittest I've ever been.

As has been said before you need less energy in than out so if you want to eat/drink what you want then exercise hard. If you don't like exercise then reduce your calorie intake.

I think most people here will fall under the first category and crossfit will certainly burn energy.

How do you know someone does crossfit? All they talk about is crossfit...

Good luck to everyone on their fitness journey

I think the more important thing is to find a high intensity form of exercise you really enjoy. That makes those hard days so much easier. I love going to the gym, but I've had plenty of CBF'd days. I've never felt that way about doing a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu class.

whoops. Had my first weigh in for a couple of weeks this morning. 108.7kg (last weigh in 104ish i think) Thats a bit of a bummer, although no unexpected. I have been smashing it since I've been on annual leave.

Back to the slightly fatter drawing board on tuesday once I'm back at work. Fucked If i'll ruin the rest of my holidays with no beer :chug:

I think if you don't weigh in at least 2% heavier after Christmas, you're not doing it right.

I was fatish before AHB. I'm sure I'll be fatish after it too. Id be at 105 - 103 kg atm fwiw. Watch this space. I aim for 90 kg, not kegs, by the end of this year.

This Xmas mass eating won't stop. Just went to a dinner tonight with the missus's Grandparents, old Skool people. I ate 4 quails and their hearts and gizzards, then all the roast veges and pork + crackling on top.

Weighed yesterday and had put on 0.5kg. Not unexpected, exercise out the window and diet out the window with Xmas, new year and my b'day chucked in as well. Back on the pattern this week.

meathead said:
Starting weight 99
Current weight. 97.9
Goal weight 89
Lost 0.1 this week on holidays now so will get on the bike
Xmas and a week on the Gippsland Lakes behind me and up to 100.5
Could have been worse, probably just need to have a couple of big craps
Will get back to 97.9 by 13/1 and start again

When thread started 94.7
This morning 91.9

Just running 4 K 3 days a week thus far and cycling up to a running track at 2 k each way.

I think I will keep this shit up.

Still only quarter of a small chicken and lean as a tall skinny drunk man next to a bar.

Latest posts

Back