AHB Biggest Loser Challenge!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't seem to shake these social occasions. I pretty much have to write of all January also :p

Same. I've been wanting to start again and find myself being one of the people that are usually full of shit saying "tomorrow I will start!"

I know I have one more big event coming up (a stay at Rottnest for a friends birthday) where eating healthily and not drinking to excess just isn't going to be an option, however, today I will start and just make an exception for those few days. No more delaying!

I've started eating healthy again, but being a home brewer apparently means it's ok for the 'drop in and have a few', that doesn't help much. And my arm is to rubbery to turn down a beer for a visitor.

My thoughts are do not change what you are eating, unless it is a really really bad diet, or drinking - just exercise. If the fat does not come off start eliminating a beer or two a week and/or a pack of chips. There will be a balance where it will start to come off and then you have found your diet/drinking/exercise balance.

I have found when I get up at 0600 for a run and out the door by 0615, I am up the road a bit and it's too late to turn back before I fully wake up ;)

I think a lot of people need to drastically change their diet. I know I did. Even my bad days are better than a regular day compared to 18months ago. It should be the opposite actually, you should be able to drop the weight by eating clean and not even exercising, if weight loss if your only goal. Exercising obviously makes you healthier and I'd rather work my arse off and be able to eat and drink tasty stuff rather than adhering to an ultra clean diet.

Not that this is a tactic I would recommend, but if I know I'm going to be lacking motivation in the morning I mix up a shaker of preworkout and put it next to my bed. As soon as my alarm goes off I drink the preworkout without even thinking and then there's no turning back, I'm getting up wether I like it or not.

I completely agree with this. My diet was/is the worst thing for me. Didn't matter if I was exercising up to 2 hours a day. I just couldn't lose weight. Stopped eating badly, dropped my exercise back to 30-45mins a day and the weight fell off. I try and eat a low salt diet (under 1000 mgs a day) and find it's impossible to eat badly this way. Lots of fresh vegetables and fruit and small servings of lean meat. It goes agains everything I love and believe in but it works. People at work give me shit about it all the time but I'd rather have a boring (to some) diet and live a bit longer.

I think that's where the moderation of diet/exercise cube mention comes in. Some people eat relatively healthy but are completely sedentary. I think most people can maintain a healthy weight this way, some can't though. That's where exercise becomes the crucial factor.

People like myself that have a really bad diet to begin with aren't going to make progress even they exercise like a beast.

It's all about finding a exercise:diet ratio that you can find the most enjoyment from while still achieving the goals you want.

90.4 after a 3.6 K run this morning. Nice.

I started my new year of well. Started at 115kg down to 112kg in 2 weeks. For the first month staying away from carbs & sugar. Drinking lots of water & lean meats all day and veg for dinner. Haven't had a beer for 2 weeks either.
So far so good. Goal weight is under 100kg. Haven't been in that territiry since i was 16.

Asha05 said:
I started my new year of well. Started at 115kg down to 112kg in 2 weeks. For the first month staying away from carbs & sugar. Drinking lots of water & lean meats all day and veg for dinner. Haven't had a beer for 2 weeks either.
So far so good. Goal weight is under 100kg. Haven't been in that territiry since i was 16.
Another kg down this week. Hoping to get under 110kg by next monday. Hanging for a beer though!

Liam_snorkel said:
Just jumped on the scales: 106kg.
Liam_snorkel said:
Now 111kg :) Cause: 3 weeks of living every day like a Saturday. Back on the wagon!
109kg. two more weeks & hopefully I will have shaken off the xmas cheer.

Holy shit after 6.5 k bike ride this morning under 90 kg. Haven't been here since a few years ago when I got that god awful worm thingee through some water supply and I had the shits and vomits for 2 Weeks solid.

I'm enjoying the bike rides around the boat yards, waterways and running is getting easier. Half way through the easy 5 k app which is a 8 week programme.

You just have to love big fat kangaroo steaks for tea. Juicy, yummy and lean. Been having it 4 nights week.

121kg (well on the scales in the gym which weigh heavy and with gym gear on)

So disappointing considering I was down to 115 on the same scales before I broke my ankle wakeboarding and Christmas festivities.

I'll get back there. I have the right attitude and not getting down about it, it just really sucks having such a big set back.

Onwards and upwards!

Good to see this thread still churning along. Latest results for me 90.5. Started at 102.5. Nearly at the sub 90 goal.

Have plateau big time on the losses each week. Latest kilo took 4 weigh ins to shift. Non exerciser here.

Should really dust off the spin bike...

Cheers,
D80

Im back at work after my being hit by 2 cars as a pedestrian in a hit and run 6 months ago, and have started properly on the eating right thing.

Holy crap yesterday and today were/are hard, my stomach is screaming at me for food. Im just doing calorie watching, will weigh myself friday morning for updates. im sticking to less than 1500cals a day (yesterday about 1000cals), person my size and job type should be loosing weight anything under about 2000cals/day W/O exercise.

Mates on some 5 & 2 diet its called, his shredding weight, but its a bit fancy for me to keep up with.

1000cal isn't enough. It's actually going to prohibit you from losing weight.

StalkingWilbur said:
1000cal isn't enough. It's actually going to prohibit you from losing weight.
It'll let me shrink my stomach for the first coupla days after sitting around bulk eating and drinking for the past 2-3 months and then make it easier. Done the same thing when i lost weight about 3 years ago. then i start eating 'normally' again after the first coupla weeks of shredding weight.

That 5 and 2 diet you apparently have 2 days of less than 200cals, i think anyway.

Already dropped 2 kgs just from cutting back on weekday beers and takeaway. Back to salad lunches and gym. Feeling heaps better already.

I'm going really well, am doing 4-6 hours manual work per day and that was nothing previously other than a morning walk - demolishing a whole floor of my house. I'd say I've lost 5 kg's but my gut is getting smaller. Only having about a 6 pack per week, still haven't got the brewery set up yet at the new house and won't until renovations are done, good time to have a quiet streak on the beers.

Latest posts

Back