AHB Articles: NSW Special Case Swap 2011

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bottling tomorrow the big arsed barley wine at 16% hopefully if i dont get distracted.

Bottled my Dubbel this arvo...looks like it's all systems go for a beer in each swap.

By the looks, I may only have 12 longies of dark strong ale, my Black Passion porter/IPA, so i'll try and sneak a couple of bottles of something else if more than 12 are needed for the swap.

Quite looking forward to the swap now, and apart from the sour there's only a spot or three up for grabs. Still time to join in if you're keen!

cheers

grant

Quite looking forward to the swap now, and apart from the sour there's only a spot or three up for grabs. Still time to join in if you're keen!

cheers

grant
Well I've gotta say, my beer in that group is not a sour beer, just a totally left field beer brewed with Peated malt...so it doesn't fit the bill and I'm happy enough to drop out if serious funky beer people want submit their beers.

Well I've gotta say, my beer in that group is not a sour beer, just a totally left field beer brewed with Peated malt...so it doesn't fit the bill and I'm happy enough to drop out if serious funky beer people want submit their beers.
Fine by me, Muggus

My bad, I should have said funky - :icon_cheers:

My bad, I should have said funky - :icon_cheers:
I think by funky people generally refer to "Belgian sour ales", but i'm just really lazy and didn't get my ass into gear earlier enough to make a proper one, so i'm taking the easy option to funk. ;)

I think by funky people generally refer to "Belgian sour ales", but i'm just really lazy and didn't get my ass into gear earlier enough to make a proper one, so i'm taking the easy option to funk. ;)

Hmm, now that I'm thinking, would it be OK if I made a Gose for the funky category? Heavy on the acid malt and salty...

go for it.
mine will be sour enough to cover for it and mugus one.

Hmm, now that I'm thinking, would it be OK if I made a Gose for the funky category? Heavy on the acid malt and salty...
Go for it. But this time I'll remember not to have fish n chips with a gose (in a case swap a few years back).
I couldn't touch salt for weeks after that overdose.

bottle the barley wine finally, damn it was smelling and tasting great. very hoppy.

Righto, shall brew it on friday night. They like being fresh so the timing should work out well.

cheers

grant

You haven't lived B)

Not a lot of commerical examples so its one of those ones that you either brew yourself or don't get to try.
They had one that Doc brewed on tap at Harts pub last year (or maybe even before?).
Unfortunately by the time I got there it had just sold out...no thanks to many of the AHB boys! :rolleyes:

They had one that Doc brewed on tap at Harts pub last year (or maybe even before?).
Unfortunately by the time I got there it had just sold out...no thanks to many of the AHB boys! :rolleyes:

I missed Docs too, though /// and Postmodern had tried both mine and Docs and noted a range of differences betwixt them. That's the joy of brewing.

Putting down a tripel and an old english ale early next week. Ordered my yeasts from Ross yesterday so will ferment both at same time. Doubt either will be at a drinking prime for the swap, but I'll put both in some stubby bottles to sample and advise drinkability. Having just done a India Pale Ale (first AG in five months!!!) and a Bitter in the barrel for kegging, it's good to be back brewing again!

So its Gulpa's place on the last weekend in May .. booked in.

Had a taste of my oud bruin and it's coming on nicely, I think.
Got a whole bunch of champers bottles ready for it, so I'd better plan a bottling date soon.

I've seen there's now a spot free in the Big arsed dark beers, and syd_03 is reserve.

did the same last night with my big arsed barley wine. very tasty but needs more time to carb up.

Back