AHB Articles: NSW Special Case Swap 2011

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bottled mine tonight. Poured myself a glass of it to start, and I'm happy how it's turned out.
Just gotta finish the labels now.

So what's the go for the swap time & place?
It's at Gulpa's on 28th May right?

I bottled the Gose on the weekend and it's nice and salty :p . I haver tasted the Dubbel and it is not too bad, a keg of it went down well at Rays Big Brew day earlier in the month - pretty sure its the last time I will keg an 9% beer. I haven't tasted the Jacobite ale yet but it will benefit from an extended cellaring.

Unfortunately I won't be able to attend the swap :( though CorteztheKiller has offered to transport my beers northwards.

cheers

grant

The 28th is fast approaching. We better get this day organised. What does everyone think about timing, previously we have started around 11 and swapped around 1-2pm. Shall we continue with that?

Food:

1. Sausages or other meaty substance: Gulpa - probably a salad as well

PM me for the address.

And dont forget to update your beer details on the Wiki.

cheers
Andrew.

Should have also said that anyone else not swapping is welcome if they want to come along and talk/drink beer.

cheers
Andrew.

Food:

2. barls- some nibbles and other crap possibly something smoked but will have to see.

Food:

2. barls- some nibbles and other crap possibly something smoked but will have to see.
3. pete- assorted cheesy scrolls

Food:

4. Chicken bits and non-homemade salad

Do we have any ideas of numbers?

Could you PM me your address Andrew.

Food:

1. Gulpa - Sausages or other meaty substance - probably a salad as well
4. Gruntus - Chicken bits and non-homemade salad

Do we have any ideas of numbers?

Could you PM me your address Andrew.

So far I have heard from Fatz, Josh (not sure if he can stay), Muggus (not coming but beer is here), Grantw (not coming), Barls, Nifty, Gruntus, Cortez, Petesbrew.

I havent heard from Thommo, DiscoStu, Smiley, Mrs eyres, Stuster, Boris. I will send a PM to see what these guys are doing.

Cheers
Andrew.

Fellas

I didn't get around to making a Belgian - but I did put down an IIPA which I bottled on the weekend

Is it ok to submit this in the Belgian category?

Cheers

Sounds fine to me Gino, beer is better than no beer :).

cheers
Andrew.

So far I have heard from Fatz, Josh (not sure if he can stay), Muggus (not coming but beer is here), Grantw (not coming), Barls, Nifty, Gruntus, Cortez, Petesbrew.

I havent heard from Thommo, DiscoStu, Smiley, Mrs eyres, Stuster, Boris. I will send a PM to see what these guys are doing.

Cheers
Andrew.
I might be able to swing by at some point on Saturday. Won't be for long, but i'll try my best...it's been a while since i've caught up with alot of the folks down there!

Tasted my flanders bruin the other night. Wasn't carbed, so either bring it inside for a bit or leave it for a month or two.... or leave it till I say when it's ready?
Besides being flat, it was pretty well balanced with the oak,funk & alcohol IMO!

Howdy Guys,

I'm thinking that I might have to scratch my Big Arsed Darkie....it's been in the bottle for 8 weeks and has no carb at all :blink: .

I can replace it with my Belgian (I have plenty of extras).

What do you guys reckon?

Cheers,
Grant.

Bugger, Gruntus.
Fine by me - I'm partial to a belgian!

I've done a final count on my RIS bottles - some of you will be left with 2x 330ml's. Sorry but it's the last of the batch. I'm left with 5 (3 to enjoy, 2 for a comp... maybe)
However I'll make up for it by adding a stubbie of my latest Dry/Oatmeal Stout as compensation to those who are short changed.

Howdy Guys,

I'm thinking that I might have to scratch my Big Arsed Darkie....it's been in the bottle for 8 weeks and has no carb at all :blink: .

I can replace it with my Belgian (I have plenty of extras).

What do you guys reckon?

Cheers,
Grant.

Got a thought - I'll bring a 9litre keg and a gas bottle. We'll pour the BAD in, carb it up and drink on the day!

or else we won't. I'm driving home now about 5.00ish - and coming through about 11.00 ish via Camden. Anyone want a lift ? No sleepover. ;)

Food:

5. mrs e - Pasta salad

G and I will be coming.

See you guys tomorrow

I've been voluntarily rested from football this week. So I'm bringing the whole family. Noone seems to have dessert on the list, so I'll whip something up this afternoon.

Bottling my Berliner Weisse tonight, but my American Brown Ale and Tripel are both ready to drink.

Food:

5. mrs e - Pasta salad
6. Josh - Pavlova

ok can someone confirm for me the numbers required for each case as im looking and it doesnt look right.
12 people in the belgian case
14 people in the big arsed case
and only 8 in the sours/ funky

is this right as i put away enough barley wine for 12 people and its now 14. im terribly sorry but there just isnt anymore its all be accounted for in comps and my drinking. can i sub 2 bottles of ether a cyser or something similar???? grand cru anyone?

Just bring the subs, as long as I get one of the BWs I dont mind :lol:

Still a few people I havent heard from so it may not be a full swap anyway.

cheers
Andrew.

ok can someone confirm for me the numbers required for each case as im looking and it doesnt look right.
12 people in the belgian case
14 people in the big arsed case
and only 8 in the sours/ funky

is this right as i put away enough barley wine for 12 people and its now 14. im terribly sorry but there just isnt anymore its all be accounted for in comps and my drinking. can i sub 2 bottles of ether a cyser or something similar???? grand cru anyone?

Back