AHA Big Brew Day May 4th.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fatgodzilla said:
If you blokes stick with a noon day toast, we'll raise our glasses to you Queenslanders on the 4th May. The original Australian IBUs (down here in the Illawarra) hold a big brew day each year called Ray's Big Brew Day, in Bulli - always a cracker with brewing gear everywhere. Love to come to Winkle's but otherwise locally occupied.
I'm sure we could raise a few glasses at noon Fatz :icon_cheers:

Ta mate. About time they decided, now I have to get some williamette.
Pencils in the blonde, possibly the mild - for my brews on the day.

Think I have some Willamette in the freezer, unlikely I'll use it anytime soon.

haven't looked at the recipes, how much do you need? Happy to bring it along.

Florian said:
Think I have some Willamette in the freezer, unlikely I'll use it anytime soon.

haven't looked at the recipes, how much do you need? Happy to bring it along.
Thats nice of you Florian - 34gm apparently. I think I'll do those two recipes on the day, do you fancy the Pils recipe?

My handwritten hop log says 70g at 4%AA, hope that's still up to date, will have a dig through the freezer when I get around to it.

The pils recipe is nothing I'd brew myself to be honest.

Well it is an American Pils.....
There may be a touch of grain substitution in the other recipes.

Ok, is anyone else bringing their rigs along?

Bump.
I'll be doing a double batch of the Mild on the day with the wife arguing er assisting, with the blond as possibilty dependant on beer consumption :unsure: . Some sort of snag sizzle should occur as well, and I'll be raising a glass to Fatz at 12. Let us know if you're coming.

winkle said:
Bump.
I'll be doing a double batch of the Mild on the day with the wife arguing er assisting, with the blond as possibilty dependant on beer consumption :unsure: . Some sort of snag sizzle should occur as well, and I'll be raising a glass to Fatz at 12. Let us know if you're coming.
I may be in CQ for work Perry. Won't know until about 9.00 tomorrow. If I'm here I will be there with bells and an octave on!

I'm going to have to pull my finger out and go and grab the ingredients. I have pretty much nothing. I might go the blonde, something different for my keg. What would be the better yeast to use? I don't want to end up with a bubblegum beer

I'm going to have to pull my finger out and go and grab the ingredients. I have pretty much nothing. I might go the blonde, something different for my keg. What would be the better yeast to use? I don't want to end up with a bubblegum beer

aydos said:
W3538 or W3522 would be my pick (T58 below 20 C if you want dry yeast). I'll be subbing the fuggles with EKG in the Mild, I'd better get around to scaling the recipe as well.

I'm unlikely as I'm probably brewing on my RDO Friday with Troydo (Hit me up if you'd like to come along - bearing in mind I have no beers on tap or in bottles ATM!!!), but will broach the subject with SWMBO when it's not her birthday..... And if I can make it along, I'm likely to be driving so only for a short time, especially as I am working Sunday at 6am...

Cheers

NickB said:
I'm unlikely as I'm probably brewing on my RDO Friday with Troydo (Hit me up if you'd like to come along - bearing in mind I have no beers on tap or in bottles ATM!!!), but will broach the subject with SWMBO when it's not her birthday..... And if I can make it along, I'm likely to be driving so only for a short time, especially as I am working Sunday at 6am...

Cheers
Ha, I've got to drive up the coast the next day - so it may be a reasonably sensible day for once. :blink:

Pffft, I will believe that when I witness it with my own beady eyes.... :p

so will I

This is the plan Nick, and It is a damm good one.
(some sections may be a bit ambitious)
1. Brew the experimental 'Ble Noir' in the morning and hide the evidence before everyone arrives.
2. Setup for brewing 30 litres (post-boil) of the Mild, explaination of the process if anyone really needs it.
3. Mash in, single mash infusion for once.
4. Burn some snags on the BBQ while waiting.
5. Sparge and kick off the boil avoiding a boilover with 40+ litres in a 50 litre kettle.
6. Finish up with a single late addition of EKG and some EKG in the no-chill cube.
7. Clean & pack up brewery and enjoy several beverages while avoiding the Belgian Imperial Stout.
8. Pizza run.
9. Bed by 10pm and sleep the sleep of the just.

The Mild should be kicking off about 12.

So we don't have to brew the exact recipe? Why do they post the info then?

Latest posts

Back