• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ag Gear For Sale - Suit Single Batch

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sully

mmmmmm...... BEEEER
Reaction score
Since brewing is on hiatus for the time being (again :( ) until the new house is finished (yes Building again :rolleyes: ), I may as well start parting with a few things that have already been or will be upgraded as soon as I get back into the swing of it (not until at least November but more likely next year).

********************************************************************************

33L Mash Tun consisting of:

- 33L Willow Esky (cost $30.00 new) The lid has had expanding foam pumped in it.
- BB False Bottom (cost $90.00 new because of being custom made but similar to the original design, can still be fitted to any vessel though)
- False Bottom Base Plate (cost $14.00 new)
- Copper Return Manifold (materials cost approx $25.00 new)
- Brass fittings, brass full flow tap & SS Washers (materials approx $20.00 total new)
- MM 4" Dial Thermometer ($40.00 new)
- Silicone Washers (proper washers - not cut up pot holders) ($6.00 new)

Now calcs worked the total cost of this to be about $225.00 (it does add up when you actually do add up what you spend) and it has had a total of 3 brews put through it. No problems with temp drop over an hour mash, didn't budge, and never had stuck sparges. I upgraded soon after to a double batch MT.

SELL FOR $170.00

********************************************************************************

40L HLT consisting of:

- 40L SS pot w/ lid (cost $80 new)
- 2200W Element - similar to a jug element but not B.O.D. style as it has a fully moulded IEC "Clover type" socket from factory (like kettle plugs), threaded with large nut for easy removal, purposely made AND IS SAFE (cost $80 new)
- Poly Carbonate Sight Glass with 1L graduations (approximately)
- Aluminium Stand
- Brass full flow tap
- Brass fittings & SS Washers (materials cost approx $30 with the above items as well)
- Silicone Washers (proper washers - not cut up pot holders) (cost $6.00 new)
- Requires thermowell for temp probe if using a TempMate or take out the compression fitting for MashMaster SS probe

Calcs on this Beastie work out to be near $220.00 NEW and has had 8 brews done with it.

SELL FOR $150.00

11L Heat Exchange:

- 11L SS Pot w/ lid
- 5-ish meter Copper Coil
- 1800w-2200w B.O.D style element and wiring encased in waterproof electrical J box
- Aluminium Stand
- No insulation
- Long lead with IEC style plug (ie like a PC powercord)
- Requires thermowell for temp probe if using a TempMate or take out the compression fitting for MashMaster SS probe
- Brass & Copper Fittings, SS Washers
- Silicone Washers (proper washers - not cut up pot holders)
- Copper has been silver soldered.

Total cost about $60.00+ in materials and has had 8 brews done with it.

Although assembled, it is being SOLD AS PARTS ONLY!! In other words I will not be held responsible for wiring. It has been carefully (ie no dodgy bare wires and was sober at the time of assembling :) ) wired up and in a sealed box and worked fine for me without getting zapped. The responsibility is on the buyer to have it checked for electrical safety if they wish to do so for their own piece of mind. No warranty stated nor implied.

SELL FOR $30.00

SELL THE LOT TOGETHER $320.00 (Firm)

Individual prices are open to REASONABLE negotiation. I think these prices are fair considering what you are getting and the like new condition they are in. Do the research and you will find the initial costs are correct.

ITEMS PICK UP ONLY NORTH BRIS-VEGAS/CABOOLTURE AREA!

B.O.D. = Bucket of Death for the newcomers

Just add a kettle, pump, connection fittings and a couple of TempMates and and you will have a full HERMS.

I will organise photos over the next few days.

PM if interested.

Cheers

Sully

I'll take your wife! :ph34r:

Wait she's not up for sale? WTF?
You already have one, and no I don't take Trade-ins... unless I am going to get a Ferrari in return for my Vauxall Viva :ph34r: .

All gear is on hold til 8am tomorrow morning. Will take a reserve list - first in best dressed.

Thanks for looking.

Cheers

Sully

PM sent re the heat exchanger. One of those thing i've been meaning to getting around to making for a loooong time.

I'll take the Hex if JLM doesn't. Will save me trying to upgrade my own!

Cheers

HEX is already spoken for - sorry Nick, but your 4th in the que.

No worries, well done to those who bought!

Cheers

Any kegs going or are you just going to store them? I guess so as they are not an upgradeable item but thought I'd ask :icon_cheers:

Any kegs going or are you just going to store them? I guess so as they are not an upgradeable item but thought I'd ask :icon_cheers:

Sorry Bribie, not parting with Kegs - going into storage

Cheers

Sully

Good move - hey why not do one last batch of a strong beer and keg it for next year?

PS check your email re hops.

Cheers

:icon_cheers:

Oh! If you did have one, which you don't, could I not store it - pretty please?

If I did have one and I did store it at your place, any chance you can purify some "water" for me?

Good move - hey why not do one last batch of a strong beer and keg it for next year?

PS check your email re hops.

Cheers

:icon_cheers:

Got it and replied ;)

No chance unfortunately :(

Cheers

Sully

Incider..
If you have 600 mm. of 2 inch pipe or an old brass yabby pump...
I can tell you how i made my "Water Purifier "
Cheers
PJ

A LOT cheaper than buying one...

Gear is back on offer.

HEX has a reserve list of 4 deep already.

Cheers

Sully

Sully. Shawn h told me of your sale. Very interested in taking the lot. Let me know if still avail.

Latest posts

Back