Afl Supercoach 2012

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lots of big scores for the league leaders. If this keeps up, just about anyone can still win it.

Looks like plenty of people have learnt from the last two seasons and have their game face on. :)

I think it is all down to a bit of luck. Injuries and resting (general soreness) is what killed me last year. Been lucky this year with injuries, and have been able to trade strategically (guesswork mainly). The byes will sort out the real players. Me, I think I will just flip flop my way through.

Injury/suspension says I will be a midfielder short with no subs. But I have four MIDs lurking in my forward line. Now I can't sub them into my team. But if I leave one of those as an emergency, they will go into my side when my selected midfielder doesn't play. Okay, have I got the emergency rule right?

Injury/suspension says I will be a midfielder short with no subs. But I have four MIDs lurking in my forward line. Now I can't sub them into my team. But if I leave one of those as an emergency, they will go into my side when my selected midfielder doesn't play. Okay, have I got the emergency rule right?

Not quite. You can only swap a Dual Position Player (DPP) from your forward to midfield is you have an equivalent DPP sitting in your midfield.to swap with, e.g. if you have A Goodes in your midfield not playing you could swap him with a playing forward/midfield DPP from your forward line, e.g. Sidebottom. If you have no mid/forward DPP in your midfield you cant swap. The emergency will only count if one of your forwards doesn't play.

The emergency rule only applies to those sitting on the bench in that position. So if you have a 7 players playing in the backline, you can select 6 to play and make the 7th one an emergency. If one of the 6 doesn't play then the emergency subs in for them. But the emergency cannot be used an emergency for any other position even if he is a DEF/MID.

I probably shouldn't mention this:
In your situation is that you could trade a non-playing MID, move one of your MID/FWDs up to the MID and then bring in a FWD. This is one of the new rules added in this year.
Of course if you did it twice then you would end up two MID/FWDs in the midfield and two in the forward line. Also gives you a full complement in the midfield plus an emergency.

The emergency rule only applies to those sitting on the bench in that position. So if you have a 7 players playing in the backline, you can select 6 to play and make the 7th one an emergency. If one of the 6 doesn't play then the emergency subs in for them. But the emergency cannot be used an emergency for any other position even if he is a DEF/MID.

I probably shouldn't mention this:
In your situation is that you could trade a non-playing MID, move one of your MID/FWDs up to the MID and then bring in a FWD. This is one of the new rules added in this year.
Of course if you did it twice then you would end up two MID/FWDs in the midfield and two in the forward line. Also gives you a full complement in the midfield plus an emergency.

Yup, must admit had no idea what the extra catagory on some people was about, but played around a bit and worked it out after reading these comments. Thanks guys.

By next year I'll work out what this breakeven thing is. :icon_cheers:

Hmmmm, looks like I have a fight on my hands to keep my unbeaten run going.

Dags delinquents have an impressive squad.

I was planning on a couple of downgrades this week to raise some coin so I have cover during the bye rounds but that may well be a tad too cocky. I really should focus on this week, one game at a time blah blah blah.

Hmmmm, looks like I have a fight on my hands to keep my unbeaten run going.

Dags delinquents have an impressive squad.

I was planning on a couple of downgrades this week to raise some coin so I have cover during the bye rounds but that may well be a tad too cocky. I really should focus on this week, one game at a time blah blah blah.

I am playing dags next, good luck.

had a memorable time listening to the mighty tigers on the weekend. drove to Mildura on Saturday morning, visited my mate whom lives right on the murray, he had a fire going, I had put a few CPA in his freezer, he moved his ute so we could hear the tigers v the hawks and watched the world go by, listening to ours boys start to live what they have promised, drinking CPA and getting louder and louder. It gets better....that night I went to another mates for dinner, he was drafted to the hawks in the late 80's when they were very strong, played on Hird in under age games etc. he was a very good football player and a hawks supporter, I turned up with plenty of lubrication and sang the song loud and proud and got him to sing with it me. He is good mates with the General and we were trying to get him to come around and spend the night with us.

It should have been a close gone but too many of my players performed well under average. A sub 2000 score is 400 less than i had anticipated. <_<

Better to have a loss now than in the granny :p

I will take consolation that I played the mighty Malcolm Blight in another league and the master had a worse week than I. :rolleyes:

It should have been a close gone but too many of my players performed well under average. A sub 2000 score is 400 less than i had anticipated. <_<

Better to have a loss now than in the granny :p

I will take consolation that I played the mighty Malcolm Blight in another league and the master had a worse week than I. :rolleyes:

I have appeared in a GF and won, so I am yet to taste the bitter disappointment of a GF loss

My side just aint going well!

Time to ditch more under performing GWS kids I reckon...

Got a lucky win over the Good Doctor. Been very lucky this year with injuries. I reckon the byes will sort a lot of us out. Managing trades and keeping trades for later will be the issue. Lucky I have a few left, but still got to be careful. I reckon I will be eating a few dough nuts over the bye rounds, but then again, who wants to miss out on the finals and have 10 trades left.
Out for revenge from last year this week.
LagerBomb (dags)

Team sorted for the clash with dags. It's not great, but I purchased some former class players with the hope they find form before the end of the finals.

Made a couple of changes this week - not much but hopefully it will get me across the line.

well played dags.

Even with pendles as your captain and subbed off you managed to overcome Helter Skelter

Thanks kirem. Didn't see a lot of the football as I am on night shift. Didn't realise pendles was subbed off. Doesn't make up for the roos embarrassing performance on saturday. Got to get GAj back into my team. 53 possies - a real champ.
Cheers
LagerBomb

Bugger, another loss. :p

Well played Husky, next time......

Seems we both had a donut too, didn't want to waste another trade to play a full side, defenders are killing me this year! I keep hoping that players listed as an emergency will actually play but they never do.

First of the bye weeks and it's a train wreck waiting to happen.

I told myself i wouldn't do any trading during this period but an injury and a suspension and it is looking grim for the Drunks. I might hit 1600. <_<

I was also going to ignore the bye rounds, but I found a player that I wanted for keeps at a good price and even though he isn't playing, I traded him in.

Latest posts

Back