Advice On Moving A Brews Location

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisluki

Reaction score
Hey all

I am in a bit of a quandry...I brewed my tribute to Moose Drool Brown Ale on Sunday and didn't even think about the fact that I am heading to the shack this weekend...so wont be home to dry hop and cold crash etc.

Should I just chance it and leave the beer in the primary fermenter until next Friday (that will be 12 days in the primary fermenter) and then maybe transfer to secondary and dry hop for a few days and then cold crash? Or just leave it in the primary and dry hop and cold crash in that?

Or should i maybe dry hop before i leave for the shack and cold crash when i get back? Hops would be in for 8 days after the brew having fermented for 4 days already.

Or, and i dont want to do this...should i take the brew to the shack with me and do it all down there? Would get pretty shaken up in the travel!!

Thoughts?

Cheers
Chris

Just leave the dry hop and cc till you get back it'll be fine

Personally, I'd leave it in primary and dry hop, in primary, when back in town

You'll be fine to leave it. I leave mine in the primary for 3 weeks total including cold crashing, ( I don't do secondary) just dry hop as soon as you get the chance!

Latest posts

Back