Advice Needed - What Can I Do With This?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r055c0

Reaction score
I was given this by a work mate the other day, his dad used it to make wine. I've got a couple of fermenters at home and have been brewing beer (from kits mainly) for a couple of years now, just not sure what to do with this. All the welds, joins and seals are top quality.

IMG_0470.jpg

Any suggestions? Always happy to try new stuff :)

Considered making the step to all grain or partials? Pop in an element (you can get ones that fit down the neck, no cutting needed, just one drilled hole) - and you've got yourself a HLT.

could turn it into a kettle. As sera said if you plan to go AG or even full volume extract you can use a burner or element which ever you decide. Just cut the top out/off, But which ever way you do it leave the handles on its a bitch to lift full with nothing to hold onto. lol

I think some one posted how to cut the top out somewhere if you do a search there should be heaps of different ways to do it.

Would love to get into the all grain brewing but don't know much about it, how much extra equipment will I need? (need to get the go ahead from my Chief Financial Officer)

If you can cut the top out of that it'd be a sweet kettle. All you need for an ag setup from there is a 40-50 l esky with a tap in the bottom and either a manifold, hose braid or false bottom so the wort can drain out of the grain. I think you could get the lot for under $150 from bunnings.

You guys are awesome, will definetly be looking into AG, think I've actually got almost all the stuff I need already :)

you forgot the burner tim :p a 3-4 ring burner will heat it but it was slow for me so got a spiral burner and adjustable reg. Works very good now. from 45mins from mash temp to boil to 15-20mins :p even with my 80lt pot and double batch It reaches boil in about 30mins. So if you plan to upgrade or want to save a bit of time get a spiral to begin with. Or if gas and noise doesnt worry you a rambo or something. But electricity is cheaper although I never used electric to boil a 50lt pot you will prob need 3600w Which means you need to have or have installed a 15amp power supply

Latest posts

Back