Adelaide TAFE

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

citraman1

Reaction score
This is aimed at Adelaidians, has anyone here completed the Craft Beer Boot Camp held at Tafe in July? I am looking to make brewing my full time job and the cert 3 courses are full this year, just wondering what peoples thoughts are on this and whether it would help lead to employment?

Cheers

1) You'll get better replies if you put something about Adelaide TAFE in the thread title
2) Try asking on the South Australian Brewing Club facebook page (or come to their meeting tonight at the Wheaty)

Got into the cert 3, keen to hear what people have to say. 6k plus 4 weeks accommodation and loss of potential IT contractor revenue to complete the course is weighing heavily.

In my personal opinion do a course like this for the practical experience but go and get your gen cert through the IBD. It's a more widely recognised qualification and imo will lead to more chance of employment than a somewhat more general cert 3 will. It's how I got into the industry, did the gen cert course Nelsen offered at tafe SA and sat the ibd exam. Got a job the next week somewhat coincidently but urged a mate to do the same and a job followed soon after, he was previously looking for work for years without the gen cert to no avail

Back