Additives for a Draught LME

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eoghan

Reaction score
I was given a dozen Coopers Draught LME for my birthday.. not big on draughts so curious what are some additives others have added to their kit to modify the taste?

Nobody jumped on this one yet?

A dozen :blink: :blink: Draught is allegedly a lager but it's really not as it comes with an ale yeast.

A short while ago I picked up one of these for super cheap, why not... I did this, and will probably be my go to quick kit beer... keg came camping, was gone in 24 hours :ph34r: :ph34r:

Brew to 20 litres
The kit
1kg amber dry malt extract
500g biscuit malt (steep)
30g simcoe boil @ 5 mins
15g galaxy @ dry, 5 days

eoghan said:
I was given a dozen Coopers Draught LME for my birthday.. not big on draughts so curious what are some additives others have added to their kit to modify the taste?
Welcome to the forum, eoghan.

A Coopers Draught kit will be pretty mild so you can use it as a base for just about anything. You can even combine two together to make a bigger beer like an IPA

There is a great spreadsheet you can download to help build recipes around kits. It was developed by a forum member here.

http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/29655-kit-and-extract-beer-spreadsheet/

Maybe something like

23L
2x Draught Kit
1KG Light Dry Malt

20g Mosaic @ 10mins
20g Mosiac @ 5mins

60g Mosaic Dry hop 5 days

2x Kit yeasts (rehydrated)

6.5% ABV
61 IBU

Boil the dry malt in 8 litres of water.
Add 20g Mosaic, boil for 5 mins,
Add another 20g Mosaic, boil for another 5 mins.
Add hot wort to the ferementer
Add kits, stir in.
Top up to 23L
Stir well
Add yeast to 200ml water (~25 degrees) and 1/2 teaspoon of sugar. Stir until a thick cream develops.
Pitch yeast when wort is 18 degrees.

Sanitise everything that touches cold wort or yeast solution.

I suggest picking up some starsan and a spray bottle and generously spray everything.

Apologies if preaching to the choir.

Latest posts

Back