Accidental cold crash after pitching yeast

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ben-burd

Reaction score
Hi Guys i whipped up a simple K&K last night and put it my fermenting fridge & set to 18 deg however i did it wrong and kept the 2 deg setting from my previous cold crash. This morning i discovered my mistake and the brew was sitting at 6 deg. I changed it back to 18 deg this morning and went to work.

Will the yeast still activate or do i need to intervene

cheers
Ben

I'm not an expert but it should be ok. Hopefully some one else will chime in with more info. good luck!

It should be all Ok, I did the same a few months back, as the temp got back up, the activity was normal, my FG was on the mark the beer was awesome.

thanks guys, i might give it a 'swirl' when i get home and see how it goes :chug:

It will be fine, 100% no problem. I'd let it come back up to temp. Only give it a swirl if it doesn't fire up itself, but I guess it will be within 24hrs so even a stir will be ok.

I just did this exact same thing with a 1.078 Imperial smoked porter. Came back to life after I warmed it back up but has now stalled @ 1.027.

Have some US-05 that I just harvested so I am going to make a starter and see what happens.

Hey Ben, How did yours turn out? Mine ended up sticking at 1.027. Made an active starter and pitched it in. Brought it down to 1.019

Latest posts

Back