About To Bottle ....

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

serialmonkey

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've just laid down my first fresh-wort kit (having stuck to K&B previously) - its a 'Little Cove Draught'.

Fermented for two weeks and it has stabalised around 1.0010, which is what I was expecting. I just followed the instructions and added only water. Just before bottling I thought it would be wise to give the wort a taste and surprise surprise, its basically brown water. No where near the flavour I've had in past brews.

So, any ideas what I can do to 'save' this batch ? I was thinking of cold conditioning for a few weeks with perhaps some additional hops dropped into the cube ? Any other ideas ?

Thanks,
Mark.

So, any ideas what I can do to 'save' this batch ? I was thinking of cold conditioning for a few weeks with perhaps some additional hops dropped into the cube ? Any other ideas ?

Sure, dry hop(proper hops, no tea bags please), itll give it a boost...

Its hard to tell you without tasting this "brown water", up to you mate... ;)

If it is 'that' flavourless than yes maybe dry hopping will help..

If you are bottling, it will pick up some character in the priming stage and then more during ageing...

I think it is like when someone tells you that a movie is the best movie you will see... so you go to see it, all pumped up for a life changing experience, and it is a little less than you expected... Probably still a great movie but you were expecting the world!!

Anyway a bit of drunken ramble there sorry.....

LEt it carb and age and you may be happy if not - Go AG :p

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Dry hopping it is. I'll let it cold condition for a month and see what happens.

Back