Aabc Adelaide 2011

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kodos

Reaction score
Have dates been set for this year's nationals?

I'd be interested in coming along to club night etc but need to plan ahead to get the time off etc.

I thought dates were mentioned in the threads from last year's comp but buggered if I can find them.

I thought there was a date set too.

Club night eh? We really need to organise something for sure for our fellow bretheren.

:icon_offtopic: What are the beers / wines for March's meeting?

:icon_offtopic: What are the beers / wines for March's meeting?

Your thinking of the wine and brewers club I gather, they are not involved with the running of aabc.

Dates according to the AABC website are Friday 21st and Saturday 22nd October, assume that these are the two judging days. Also states these are TBC.
Anyone looking at coming for this? What about coming down early, Wednesday, Thursday?
Let us know your intentions. May be that the Adelaide Brewing Community can arrange some entertainment for those who want to make a few days of it.
Cheers
Nige

Nige, are you involved with the organising?
If you aren't at this stage, i'd strongly recommend you do & then come up with a unified programme with your committee.
A fabulous opportunity for the Adelaide chapter to show what they can do.

Really hoping I can get away to this one...

Cheers Ross

We have a few events on the cards for thursday, friday and saturday nothing quite set in stone yet but the judging will be friday and saturday mornings 9-12pm.
Club night, bbq/food of some sort and award presentation saturday night at the same venue as the judging, holdfast bowling club.

As a few judges will be coming over thursday night we will get together and do something, still working on exactly what, same as for friday afternoon and night etc, but Wheaty will certainly be in there at least once, maybe JWM and/or coopers plus brewboys, german club, kings, possibly lobethal etc all on the cards to entertain.

I think that date is pretty much set and all else will be confirmed within the next few months.
To get a grasp on the visitor numbers and what we will need for club night and other events we will start a thread soon.
If anyone has some general questions in the mean time post them here or email via the sabsosa website.

Nige, are you involved with the organising?
If you aren't at this stage, i'd strongly recommend you do & then come up with a unified programme with your committee.
A fabulous opportunity for the Adelaide chapter to show what they can do.

Really hoping I can get away to this one...

Cheers Ross
Ross,
Have offered the committee, through Mike L, any help that I am able to give and I will email him again as it was at the Wheaty that we spoke :D . I am all for a unified approach over the weekend, Thursday to Saturday night or whatever it may be. I see that as essential for a successful champs and no way will I derail the committees efforts.
My thoughts were that some may decide to arrive early or leave later and I'm sure a few of the brewers here would be happy to show them around if they like.
Cheers
Nige

Back