A 'kitten Joke' Poll

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Could we please stop with the kitten jokes already?

• Agree- they're starting to get annoying

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Oh noes! I need to mention teh kittens a few hundred moar times!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Voted for the kittens! They have job like everyone else

kaverit.jpg

Cheers

Chappo

nothing wrong with kittens in airlocks. sorry p&c.

I agree but only in the instances where (all too often) people are using it out of context.

It was funny at the time, yes. It wasn't funny enough to deserve being repeated over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over again.

Read that line out loud in full, the annoyance ensued comes close to the annoyance I feel when someone makes an "kittens in an airlock joke". The kittens were never in, on, or around an airlock. I'm surprised, and thankful that no-one has made a piece-of-shit lolcats airlock picture.

"OMGZ IM IN UR AIRLUCKZ STEALIN UR BUBBLZ" <_< It's going to happen now. I want royalties.

Don't be dissin' lolcats. You forget yourself, sir!

i thought someone did make a kitten-in-airlock pic?

IIRC this is what started it. BTW best rant ever! FULL STOP!

QUOTE (buttersd70 @ Feb 15 2009, 12:00 PM)
If by action, you mean airlock activity, I'm going to drop everything I'm doing, come over to your house, and choke a kitten in front of you as an object lesson. :ph34r:
Airlocks are meaningless....look for other signs. Condensation inside the lid (usually this is the first sign), foaming on top of the wort, krausen ring forming on the fermenter at the fluid level, and of course drop in SG......

Still makes me laugh :lol:

Some money from the Aussie Biggest Brew Day should go towards saving the kittens! :icon_cheers:

so on a lighter note...
a kitten walks into a bar with a CO2 tank hooked up to a bubbling airlock, asks the bartender for a single malt, straight up. Bartender obliges, and says to the down-trodden kitten "So, what's the story with this kit you're hauling 'round"

Open for an ending....over to the hands of the forum

everyone like a pussy that wet and bubbly? :ph34r:

I made it 10 all, and I like cats
That post by Butters was a classic and should never be forgotten :p

I wasnt really a big fan of them to begin with. I dont see much point berating those trying to overcome their ignorance.

I dont see much point berating those trying to overcome their ignorance.

You could look at it that way...or maybe you could read it in full context....that there was a prior (informative) post in this thread from myself, that in the same post where the comment was made, there was subsequent information lacking in sarcasm, or you could look at the 11 subsequent posts I made in this thread answering his other questions, which ended up with a beer he was very happy with.....or you could look at the previous posts by the member that the infamous comment was directed to, where I had helped him with his questions, and established a bit of banter with him, which also established in my mind that the guy actually had a sense of humour....or you could look at the statement itself; it's ridiculous nature obviously (at least to anyone with a sense of humour) has no basis in reality; or perhaps you could even read the PM's from the time (now unfortunately accidently deleted), between myself and BF. And taking all of this into account, maybe it would become apparant that the cat comment wasn't directed at a complete and total noob who didn't know me from a bar of soap, but to someone that had been on the forum for a couple of months, and had already had prior conversations with me, and that 'berating' would, therefore be a bit of a strong statement.....

And why am I snippy when you say I was berating? Maybe it's some of the negaitve comments, on similar lines, in the subsequent kitten thread....or maybe it's more to do with the multiple PM's I got, from people that hadn't looked at the whole picture (and had nothing to do with what was said in that thread), some of which were almost identicle to your comment, and others of which ranged from insulting to threatening....one guy even called me, iirc, a supercilious c&*t (without the self imposed censoring), and told me I should get off the forums entirely, stick my head up my arse, and f&^k off.....in fact, the only reason I didn't do that, was that Beerfingers (via PM), asked me not to.

So am I sick of kitten jokes? You can bet your arse I am.

Back