A Brewer's Milestone

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lets see Bribie, Ive got an imperial aussie dark ale, chinook amber, pacific gem/galaxy pale ale a dead guy pale ale clone (that's nothing like it but nice beer none the less) a Citra IPA that will be ready, chinese cascade APA that will be ready to choose from mate. Decisions decisions....

cheers

Browndog
What decisions need to be made there? Take them all! Well done on the 200 as well.

I did my 600th batch in October. Up to 605 now.
:eek: , now thats a whole lot of brewing right there!! No wonder you do so well in the comps Barry.

Just mashing in my 200th Batch of beer.......Aussie Sparkling Ale (The house beer) :icon_chickcheers:

Here's one I prepared earlier.

IMG_2598__Large_.jpg

The first 100 were kits, there are a couple of wort kits from brewdays that don't count etc....

So it's actually my 97th Mash (I thought it was the 100th :eek: .......)

I have 2 big beers planned that would be suitable for the 100th....

American Barleywine or the Pliny the Elder clone I've been meaning to make.

Brew Hard :kooi:

PB

Just mashing in my 200th Batch of beer.......Aussie Sparkling Ale (The house beer) :icon_chickcheers:

View attachment 46498

The first 100 were kits, there are a couple of wort kits from brewdays that don't count etc....

PB

Well done Dave, and nice pic there too. I can almost taste that Aussie.

cheers

Browndog

Congratulations Dave
You are now a fully obsessed brewer :beer:

View attachment 46498

PB
Hate to tell you mate, but you left some hops out of that batch :p

I started AG in Dec 2009, so 18 months ago and I have brewed 43 double batches since then ( I think I documented them all?) So I am on pace to hit 100 batches in around 3 years. I was brewing a double batch every fortnight for a while, but had to stop because I had nowhere to store it! I have given away a keg or two as well.

227 at the moment I'm afraid (do NOT tell the missus).
I seem to be brewing about 50 batches per year these days, but there are a few of those brewed for birthdays, parties etc

I'm too slack to keep track, but would guess somewhere between 150-200 batches over 8 years. Most likely more, however, as I always seem to underestimate things like this...

Oh, and well done Dave!

Thanks guys,

While looking back over my brewing time (7years) I have to say a huge thank you to all the members of BABBs, the AHB community, people I have met at brewery visits, brewdays, beer conferences, beer swaps etc for all your inspiration, knowledge, enthusiasm and sharing of all things brewing.

Without you guys...I'd be a lot better worse off.

Cheers :beer: to the rest of my obsession!

PB

I have a brewing milestone coming up (fast) and I'm wondering what is the way to go. It's snuck up on me a bit and is only two brews away.
I have actually planned a Saison and then an Alt, with the Alt being the milestone, and my first attempt at that style.

So, should a milestone beer be:
- a favourite that's tried and true?
- something new?
- something BIG (a DoubleImperial Something)?
- or whatever/who cares/it's just a number?

Thoughts please fellow brewers?

Kumamoto_Ken said:
I have a brewing milestone coming up (fast) and I'm wondering what is the way to go. It's snuck up on me a bit and is only two brews away.
I have actually planned a Saison and then an Alt, with the Alt being the milestone, and my first attempt at that style.

So, should a milestone beer be:
- a favourite that's tried and true?
- something new?
- something BIG (a DoubleImperial Something)?
- or whatever/who cares/it's just a number?

Thoughts please fellow brewers?
that all depends on the milestone?

tavas said:
150 lashes Pale Ale clone
Perfect suggestion, but just not a beer I really enjoy.
I'll have it if there's nothing but CUB/Tooheys on tap, but not for a milestone (for me anyway).

A big ass barleywine that you could bring out every December for the next 24 years?

Camo6 said:
A big ass barleywine that you could bring out every December for the next 24 years?
I think something along those lines is probably fitting.
I'm sure I'll enjoy brewing and drinking the Alt, but it doesn't seem to have the vibe of a milestone.

Barleywine it is I reckon, I have plenty of champagne bottles to store it in as the missus is going through sparkling shiraz like it's going out of fashion (but you didn't hear that from me).
I've never done a beer bigger than around 1.062 on my BIAB rig, so it'll definitely be something new.

Latest posts

Back