A Brewer's Milestone

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

browndog

Are you bulletproof boy?
Reaction score
Hi Folks,
When I filled out my log after putting an NS Ale down on Friday, discovered I would be on my 100th AG brew next week. Realising this, I looked up my original brew log and my very first AG was put down on Boxing Day 06, that was thanks to an invitation from Ross to attend a brew day in October where I, Mothballs and Kiwi Greg attended and were blown away by Ross's hospitality and his beer not to mention the AG process. I immediately set about gathering all the bits to get an AG setup going and hence the first brew on boxing day. Now I am facing my 100th brew and I tell you guys, it is going to be a bloody ripper.

cheers

Browndog

Jeezuz..

I laid my first AG on 06/01/07

I am currently fermenting my 31st.

I thought I was a pisspot! :icon_chickcheers:

Man, you have me 3 to 1! Then again, I am diabetic! [Edit - But not a good one! /Edit}

Festa

Well done Tony hopefully many more centuries to come :icon_chickcheers:

And he's still calling himself a 3rd year apprentice brewer ? :huh: sheeet !... I got a long way to go.

Not wishing to be rude ... but how do you drink it all? :unsure:

You brew 10x more often than me! 10x more beer to drink! :blink:

Congratulations on the century, browndog. :icon_chickcheers:

That is some fast brewing. Looking back at my records I've done 45 brews in the time you've raised your century and I thought I was brewing a lot. Not far off the AG century myself now. Are you going to make something special for the 101st brew? Any favourites out of the 100?

So whats planned BD... 100 IBUs, 1.100?

Congratulations buddy , well done..

the ones i've tested were all bloody great ...

cheers

Top stuff Tony... :party:
Thats like nearly 2 brews a week.. :blink:
we are talkin single batches.... arn't we...? :blink:

Sqyre...

Not wishing to be rude ... but how do you drink it all? :unsure:

You brew 10x more often than me! 10x more beer to drink! :blink:

Woops, just checked my records and I was out by 1 yr :blink: It should be Boxing day 05 That makes it roughly 1 brew a week, and as far as drinking it all, I had a couple of functions here and am always giving away samples to mates and work colleagues etc. Further more, I believe that all my kegs leak, I just can't prove it. Ross brews a lot more than me!
For the 100th, I'm thinking a big red ale with lots of american hops SG around 70-80 finishing around 18 with a big clean hop finish (not fruit salad).
On the anniversary front, I got my missus a card and forgot to fill it out last night, lucky she had forgotten about it too!

cheers

Browndog

edit:spellin

Thank goodness for that...
Now you only brew 5X more than Braufrau... :p

Sqyre... ;)

Woops, just checked my records and I was out by 1 yr :blink: It should be Boxing day 05 That makes it roughly 1 brew a week, and as far as drinking it all, I had a couple of functions here and am always giving away samples to mates and work colleagues etc. Further more, I believe that all my kegs leak, I just can't prove it. Ross brews a lot more than me!
seems you've learned plenty of excuses in that 100 brews! too late to start back pedalling now browndog.

seriously though, well done on the 100, hope the next one is always the best!
joe

Congratulations on the century Browndog, sounds like a good excuse to celebrate in style and brew something special. :beer:

Celebrated my half-century last year by brewing an oak-aged barley wine, might do something similiar for my 100th...21 to go. :eek:

Well done. Go big on the 100th.
Can't exactly remember what my 100th was, but I do remember it being very alcoholic and super hoppy :p
Here's to the next 100.

Doc

Wow Tony 100 AG :icon_cheers: big effort I am up to 75 AG [some were double batches] and I started before you.
You must have a lot more time then me to brew.

I've made it to the 100 AG brews mark as well so thought I'd post it here (hope you don't mind browndog). Decided on an APA as that was also my first AG. My wife helped out on this one as well for the first time. Have started on the next century with a ryezenweizenbock. Good times. :D

100!!!!!!!

I've only done 19 since Jan 2007 - according to Beersmith.
Even if I dug out my old log book I'd still be way behind.

I'm obviously not as dedicated as some of you guys.

Campbell

Well... i'm a little bit behind you guys. I've done over 100 brews, but I've only done 7 all-grains so far - an absolute newbie ! :p

looking forward to the next 93, though :icon_drool2:

Cheers - Snow

Well done Stu,
I considered my 100th brew pretty special, I wish my missus was keen enough to help me with a brew.

cheers

Browndog

Back