9 Litre Corny's 'cheapish?' And Mobile Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PayPal might lag, but more importantly they want to make a cut either way. When it was right on US$1:AU$1 they were making margin both ways. I guess they are after all, a business.

Yes, they seem to charge 4-5%

Btw, it worked out to 70.75AUD, landed, per keg

Supposed to be DHL Packet International, which is air I believe.

Germans get good rates (relative to the rest of europe) on 5KG, 10KG and 20KG boxes to AU

Yes, they seem to charge 4-5%

Btw, it worked out to 70.75AUD, landed, per keg

Supposed to be DHL Packet International, which is air I believe.

Germans get good rates (relative to the rest of europe) on 5KG, 10KG and 20KG boxes to AU
I don't think it's air...especially when it took one bloke 14 plus days..and 5 eyes lost his ...
Hopefully bob and I get ours lol
No smart arse comments thanks DU99....
Ferg
:eek:

I don't think it's air...especially when it took one bloke 14 plus days..and 5 eyes lost his ...
Hopefully bob and I get ours lol
No smart arse comments thanks DU99....
Ferg
:eek:

One of my past deliveries by dbl packet got delayed for about 30 days by that Iceland volcano. It could be snowed out airports causing the delays :)

After reading all these when it was first posted, I was more than a little worried. However, I ordered 4 on 10th January, got em on the 24th Jan. Not rubbing it in, just recounting my experience. The seller is very responsive and communicative. The main thing that I found was the confusion between what I perceived DHL was (DHL Express), and the DHL that it was sent by, which was Deutsche Post DHL.

I found that DHL Express' call centre were less than useful, considering Deutsche Post DHL is their parent company. However shipping via Deutsche Post DHL, is just like any standard parcel post. Tracking takes it to the Intl mail departure as it leaves Germany, but thats pretty much it. Then it's like sending anything via a standard mail parcel mail service (AusPost Parcel Post), it has the same risks of getting caught along the way in different ports, customs, quarantine. You know all this, but at the end of the day, there are risks that, even a box 40cmx50cmx50cm can go for a holiday.

I'm really hoping you get yours soon printed - as without you posting it here, I wouldn't have mine. Fingers crossed mate.

ng the way in different ports, customs, quarantine. You know all this, but at the end of the day, there are risks that, even a box 40cmx50cmx50cm can go for a holiday.

I'm really hoping you get yours soon printed - as without you posting it here, I wouldn't have mine. Fingers crossed mate.

the seller has managed to get some info out of DHL at his end...

apparantly the container landing date in oz is 14 feb....

we'll see

DHL posted Germany 1/11/10 Australian customs 27/01/11 not quite the 11-13 days as promised and now waiting on Aus post.DHL said it was because of the terrorist threat to freight
coming out of Koln except it came via Hamburg.Was depressing driving past port Melbourne every day seeing all the Hamburg-sud containers in port and thinking is my parcel in one of those boxes?

My order was posted last night.

I couldn't ask for a better response and he does converse well in English. Will let you know when/if they arrive. I don't think i will have any problems but I have been wrong before.

yet he has reverted to speaking German with me once i opened paypal dispute... thank god for google translate.

I actually thinks that's what he uses rather than actually replying in english, he replied in german to us too after we place the order, so might not be too much to that.

I actually thinks that's what he uses rather than actually replying in english, he replied in german to us too after we place the order, so might not be too much to that.

yeah i'm just bitter all you others got yours first!

Happy to report that according too the DHL Germany website , that Beerdrinking Bob and I are soon to be proud parents of 9 litre kegs :lol: The kegs left Germany on 28th Jan and as of 9 , last night , they had cleared customs...
So now we see what happens next lol...
I did come home last night to a free blu-ray player lol so it's like Xmas , at the moment !
Certainly very happy this far and big thanks to the OP.. tWas a Gold find ! :party:
Cheers
Ferg ( and I reckon Bob is gonna be pretty happy too ...not sure his Mrs will be lol )

very excited Gus, can't believe we picked those up for $75 each :super: I'm going to give the full sail clone a go tomorrow, loved yours :icon_drool2: so hopefully will be right to keg some of that, maybe drink it on the next bus trip!!

The ginger terrorist will love the kegs :lol: , not sure what she will think if she finds the mill in the cupboard though :ph34r:

Well it's been 10 days now since he allegedly sent my order and it is supposed to take 11 to get here.... starting to get excited to see them sometime this week. That's if all goes well and no hold up of course.
I will keep you posted.
Cheers

Edit: Actually I just checked the tracking number and it may be a little later than I anticipate :(

9lkegs.jpg

Well it's been 10 days now since he allegedly sent my order and it is supposed to take 11 to get here.... starting to get excited to see them sometime this week. That's if all goes well and no hold up of course.
I will keep you posted.
Cheers

Edit: Actually I just checked the tracking number and it may be a little later than I anticipate :(

9lkegs.jpg
Mine left Germany on Jan 28th and arrived in Australia on Feb 10th....
I'm not ure if it's Australia post or DHL Aust that delivers them , once they clear customs.
My tracking page is being updated though , so thats all good....
Still hoping i'll have them by Wed this week...and that's giving them a week to get out of Customs and get delivered...

Latest posts

Back