9 Litre Corny's 'cheapish?' And Mobile Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the same 9L kegs that came from Germany although they are 10 Euros dearer. However, these ones are from a different seller and from France. If you are interested then I suggest to contact the seller with regards to shipping them to OZ. Nevertheless, in the Postage description it does say they will ship worldwide.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/CONTAINER-INOX-...=item27c2e46379

Soda stream and reg don't fit. But with a 90deg bend it should.

I use a 36L rubbermaid ( my mash tun ) cooler and the reg & soda stream bottle fit nicely with a 90Deg elbow. Went to pirtek and for $18 job one. Note- all the gas placed just said NO , try Pirtek.

If peeps want I can post pics.

The link I posted above has used/new party kegs with/without valves. Used ones are 49.90 euro.

Used party keg with valve part number: 75728340-U

Alfie

In regards to postage from the French supplier this is what i was quoted for postage to Australia

hi ,
the shipping cost for 4 x kegs 9 L to australia is 171,30 (price is from the poste office colissimo international).
best regards Frank

Kegs are 39.99 euro each, works out roughly $407.20 Landed for 4 or $101.80 Australian each depending on exchange rate.

don't sweat it to Sydney it's worse:
Hello,the shipping cost to australia for 4 kegs 9 L is 197,30(the price is from the poste colissimo international).best regards Frank

And that works out to about $110.50 each

although I did ask if he could check prices with another carrier...... see if he gets back to me :unsure:

Got my 4 kegs off the German bloke for around the $360(gotta find the invoice)delivered,one had pressure relief valve and the other three had the valve taken out and it welded up.
Bought 3 relief valves from my LHBS and drilled and counter sunk it back out for the seat screwed the valves in they work perfectly,delivery only took about 2weeks from payment and that was at chrissy time. :beer:

Get a new all ss 9l keg off ebay for 110 bucks.

Yep but the price is actually $185 for the same. The $110 one you are refering to is a different shape and is not as robust or good quality.

Got my 4 kegs off the German bloke for around the $360(gotta find the invoice)delivered,one had pressure relief valve and the other three had the valve taken out and it welded up.
Bought 3 relief valves from my LHBS and drilled and counter sunk it back out for the seat screwed the valves in they work perfectly,delivery only took about 2weeks from payment and that was at chrissy time. :beer:

Yeah I got 4 top quality ones from the German as well. However, he doesn't have them anymore. I paid $284 for 4 ($71 each landed) and got a groovy truck too. However, $101 each is still pretty good considering the alternatives.

Yep but the price is actually $185 for the same. The $110 one you are refering to is a different shape and is not as robust or good quality.
It all depends on what you are going to use them for.

If you just want a keg to take some beer to a party etc, the $110 kegs are fine. I have one of these kegs and whilst they do not have the rubber protection and are only rated to 40psi, they do the job.

If you want the rubber protection and higher pressure rating of the cornie style kegs, then you have to pay the higher price. But at the end of the day, $110 for a keg which you might take to the occasional party is pretty good seeing you only have to buy one, rather than four from overseas to make it cost effective.

Just glad I got 4 of these kegs for 71$ each landed WITH PRV and a groovy truck when I did :)

They almost look new

I did have to replace one post

You'll find german ebay sellers have very competitive delivery costs to australia because DHL in germany has some great rates on large shipments.

Have made this one for when I'm away for work. Will build a better container but I am pretty happy with the sodastream attachment I just pour a pint, press the gas button and its ready for the next pint.

Cheers

2012_02_19_15.19.35.jpg

Have made this one for when I'm away for work. Will build a better container but I am pretty happy with the sodastream attachment I just pour a pint, press the gas button and its ready for the next pint.

Cheers

I am amazed when I see something like this. People have troubles balancing their systems yet such a short beer line and no problems.

Sometimes it is best to get in the car and turn the key I guess as I don't know the mechanics of a car but I know it works when I want it to.

Hi all,

Sorry about bringing back such an old thread, but does anyone know of how I can get some of these italian/german 9 litre kegs now?
All I can find is the chinese/indian made ones now.

Thanks in advance.

Latest posts

Back