9 Litre Corny's 'cheapish?' And Mobile Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I take it theres no point getting just one of these? Works out 40Euro each, + 85Euro shipping for up to 4?

Bought another 4 x 9L kegs in for the local crew, he currently has none with pressure relief valves.

Condition (apart from the lids but I've replaced them) is better than any 2nd hand corny available i have bought from any of the resellers here in Oz.

Plus i scored another free toy truck :lol:

Hi all, here's my addition to the 9L corny keg mobile setups list. I've put a lot of thought into it, & spent 3 times longer making it and twice as much $$ as i thought it would take!!

So, pretty standard for one of my projects, really.

As you can see from the photos, it takes a 9L keg, gas bottle, regulator, and up to 6 ice bricks.
The aluminium inner & out walls are insulated with expanding foam, & initial tests show this to work really well.

A flow restrictor tap means i can have a short length of beer line & still pour well. Fold out handles mean it's easy to move, & 4 inset castor wheels on the bottom help getting it around. A strap goes through the handles too, meaning you can just tow it alongside you whilst walking.

I just finished it this morning, so thought i do a 'show & tell to see what people thought of it...

front_1.jpg

bottom_1.jpg

front_2.jpg

side_1.jpg

top_1.jpg

top_2.jpg

Hi all, here's my addition to the 9L corny keg mobile setups list. I've put a lot of thought into it, & spent 3 times longer making it and twice as much $$ as i thought it would take!!

As you can see from the photos, it takes a 9L keg, gas bottle, regulator, and up to 6 ice bricks.
The aluminium inner & out walls are insulated with expanding foam, & initial tests show this to work really well.

A flow restrictor tap means i can have a short length of beer line & still pour well. Fold out handles mean it's easy to move, & 4 inset castor wheels on the bottom help getting it around. A strap goes through the handles too, meaning you can just tow it alongside you whilst walking.

I just finished it this morning, so thought i do a 'show & tell to see what people thought of it...

That's AWESOME!

:icon_chickcheers:

Awesome.

I think I'd pay money for that :)

Reminds me of a Baby Dalek :)

You Will Be Ex-Kegerated!

That's cool. Makes my 9L keg floating in an esky look pretty crude.

That's great! Patent that shit mate! I dare say there is a niche market for some well finished, easy to use party keg containers/servers.

Every now and then someone just does the best damn job at something... wow.

Thanks- glad you like it! I'm quite looking forward to christening it tomorrow night at a friends party with my organic hefeweizen. Hope it all goes well...

**** that's brilliant!

I can imagine that took a long time and a lot of thought to put together.

Would love to be able to:

1. Have the skillz to do something like that myself.

2. Be able to buy a production model exactly like that but for a 19lt corny. (just a bit taller???)

You should seriously go into production of that. Even if it was a bit of a wait for it, i'm sure there'd be tons of us who'd buy one off you.

It'd have to be worth your time and effort though.

Amazing man, well done!

Latest posts

Back