9 Litre Corny's 'cheapish?' And Mobile Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodwormm

Reaction score
Hi there,

i've just ordered from here http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...=STRK:MEWAX:VRI

a couple of 9L corny's.

seeing as i can't find them for under about $130 in oz (though i'm sure someone down the road will now go "i've got stacks you can have cheap"!

including postage i've got them landing for $85 bucks each, i was happy with that.

the seller converses well in english too, so no hassles there. just waiting for them to arrive now.

anyone got any pictures of their mobile 9L setups? i'm thinking a rubbermaid round cooler or similar? any pics would be great so i can 'borrow' your designs!

i think pumpy made one with a 9L in a round rubbermaid a while back.

looks interesting. any idea if this is a ball or pin lock?

i agree.... it is a good price.

Was just looking at some USA online brewing sites and they are $120+ there too.

Hi there,

i've just ordered from here http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...=STRK:MEWAX:VRI

a couple of 9L corny's.

seeing as i can't find them for under about $130 in oz (though i'm sure someone down the road will now go "i've got stacks you can have cheap"!

including postage i've got them landing for $85 bucks each, i was happy with that.

the seller converses well in english too, so no hassles there. just waiting for them to arrive now.

anyone got any pictures of their mobile 9L setups? i'm thinking a rubbermaid round cooler or similar? any pics would be great so i can 'borrow' your designs!
hey nice find,
please do tell, how the hell did you manage to find on ebay?
i have tried countless ways to find someone selling overseas but nothing shows up in the search.
do they use fast shipping as in air freight? it may take 2 months via slow boat.
i might order a couple myself.
as far as a portable keg set up. i use a kiddies 60 ltr toy wheelie bin.
cheers

All my 19l pepsi cornies are ball lock. Plus the pic look like the ball type.

Hi there,

a couple of 9L corny's.

Hi,

If you do a search to find a set up made by Ross Kenrick (Craftbrewer) and sponsor of this site I think it will be what you are looking for.
It was a rubbermaid round cooler with a soda stream bottle.
It had a co2 guage and everything was plumbed with a tap fitted to the outlet of the cooler.
From memory it even had a locking facility to keep the beer "experts" from adjusting - read f##king - with the pressures.
If you cant find it give him a PM and I am sure he will help.
No affiliation etc etc.......

Cheers

I know what I'll be bringing back from my next visit to Germany. Thanks for the link!

hey nice find,
please do tell, how the hell did you manage to find on ebay?
i have tried countless ways to find someone selling overseas but nothing shows up in the search.
do they use fast shipping as in air freight? it may take 2 months via slow boat.
i might order a couple myself.
as far as a portable keg set up. i use a kiddies 60 ltr toy wheelie bin.
cheers

Hi, i just dialed in ebay.de to google and started searching ( i figured germans like beer so maybe they like homebrewing?)

all of the buttons and stuff on all foreign ebay sites are the same as the ones we use on our english version, so i just fumbled my way through and used google translate to help me a bit...

once i'd found the item i cut and paste the item number into my aussie ebay and started messaging sellers to see if they'd ship to oz. the one i've linked to was more than happy to post to oz and was super easy to deal with(in english).

i'm honestly not sure on the postage service used, if it takes a slow boat then i'll get a nice surprise in a couple months when i've forgotten all about it... if they turn up sooner then i might have another mobile system for Australia Day BBQ! yay!

Hi, i just dialed in ebay.de to google and started searching ( i figured germans like beer so maybe they like homebrewing?)

all of the buttons and stuff on all foreign ebay sites are the same as the ones we use on our english version, so i just fumbled my way through and used google translate to help me a bit...

once i'd found the item i cut and paste the item number into my aussie ebay and started messaging sellers to see if they'd ship to oz. the one i've linked to was more than happy to post to oz and was super easy to deal with(in english).

i'm honestly not sure on the postage service used, if it takes a slow boat then i'll get a nice surprise in a couple months when i've forgotten all about it... if they turn up sooner then i might have another mobile system for Australia Day BBQ! yay!
hey thanks please keep us posted as to the postage time it took and the quality of the kegs when you get them, cheers

Looks like they are about A$40 each and you said ~A$85 each landed, so I take it the postage was ~A$90? Did you order two because you wanted two, or was that where the postage break made sense? Have been wanting one, but I figure one will do it...

Cheers, Brian

i wanted two so that's what i got quoted on for freight...

my breakdown was 30 euro per keg = 80 euro and 55 euro for freight for two so 135 euro total = 176 Aussie total = approx 85- 90 aussie landed.

if you're curions just message this seller and request quotes for freight, as i said super easy to deal with in english.

cheers

$40 odd from eBay in Europe compared to around $200 retail cost in Australia? Ouch. For sure there are freight/website costs etc.. but, well, ouch.

i wanted two so that's what i got quoted on for freight...

my breakdown was 40 euro per keg = 80 euro and 55 euro for freight for two so 135 euro total = 176 Aussie total = approx 85- 90 aussie landed.

if you're curions just message this seller and request quotes for freight, as i said super easy to deal with in english.

cheers

Brilliant .... I'll buy 4 of the these bad boys ...... how long did they say it would roughly take to get here in Oz????

I'd definitely get a couple of those too. Would be awesome to rock up to a party with a keg of homebrew in an esky instead of a slab.

Bulk Buy?

siborg - i think you'd find a bulk buy may make freight excessive. generally you'll find that to ship a few they'll send as parcels via mail etc but to do a bulk lot ie a pallet involves all sorts of shipping and duties etc etc

hsb - these are 2nd hand your $200 in oz ones are most likely new...

five eyes - i was a bit caught up in the moment, and never asked shipping times! oops wait and see.

siborg - i think you'd find a bulk buy may make freight excessive. generally you'll find that to ship a few they'll send as parcels via mail etc but to do a bulk lot ie a pallet involves all sorts of shipping and duties etc etc
I was sort of half-joking

hsb - these are 2nd hand your $200 in oz ones are most likely new...

Didn't realise they were 2nd hand, (I am surprised there is a market for Coke syrup in such small kegs). Like the 19L ones I doubt anyone cares so long as they still hold pressure.

The Cornies we in Oz use have made it here from US/Canada, are also 2nd hand and really, if there were proper suppliers of these 9L ones should be cheaper - not new only and $200.

Not criticising sponsors directly or anything, market forces and all that, just an observation and, well, ouch!

Back