9 Litre Corny's 'cheapish?' And Mobile Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,

I got the following postage quote from the seller:

1 container =40.-euro for 2=55.-euro for 3 = 85.-euro for 4 = 85.-euro

So, good break apparently at 4, with postage about 21 euro each, for a total of just over 50 euro each, which means about A$65.

I'd definitely be keen for one. If anyone in the Brisbane area is interested, send me a PM.

Cheers, Brian

siborg - i think you'd find a bulk buy may make freight excessive. generally you'll find that to ship a few they'll send as parcels via mail etc but to do a bulk lot ie a pallet involves all sorts of shipping and duties etc etc

hsb - these are 2nd hand your $200 in oz ones are most likely new...

five eyes - i was a bit caught up in the moment, and never asked shipping times! oops wait and see.

Hi there

I'll tried emailing this guy in germany twice in the last 5 days but no response ...... the website actually says he only ships to the European Union ...... ebay says there is still 16 days left on the sale ... did you get a separate email address or was the message facilitated thru the ebay portal???

5 eyes

Hi Five eyes , I recieved this response from him last Tuesday regarding shipping.

hello
the shipping coast for 1 container =39.- for 2=54.- for 3 = 84.- for 4 = 84.-
best regards doc

Just asked him if they are pin or ball lock kegs ( picture shows ball lock ), will post reply here.

Hi there

I'll tried emailing this guy in germany twice in the last 5 days but no response ...... the website actually says he only ships to the European Union ...... ebay says there is still 16 days left on the sale ... did you get a separate email address or was the message facilitated thru the ebay portal???

5 eyes

i just emailed him through ebay messages...

maybe he's getting sick of all us ozzies! nah doubt it, he was cool. to be honest i emailed once through ebay de with no answer then got a reply the second time about a week later when i emailed through ebay au.... from there it was plain sailing... still waiting on my kegs to arrive though... i'm loving the concept, it means i'll get 2 19's and 2 9's in my chest kegerator, giving me 18L more capacity... wooohooot.

Guys just be careful, the smart thing to do would be wait until the kegs arrive and make sure he is genuine, I know a few people who have done there dough on European operations that are too good to be true.

That being said I never have been very smart and would be happy to split for postage on 4 kegs (2 each) for any Melbourne buyers if your keen :beerbang:

Guys just be careful, the smart thing to do would be wait until the kegs arrive and make sure he is genuine, I know a few people who have done there dough on European operations that are too good to be true.

That being said I never have been very smart and would be happy to split for postage on 4 kegs (2 each) for any Melbourne buyers if your keen :beerbang:

hehe,

i'll post as a soon as i see them so everyone will know he's legit and i can let everyone know what condition they're like....

hey i just got burnt on an aussie ebay buy so it's not just o/s stuff to look out for!

time will tell.

I think with 12085 received feedbacks, 100% positive feedback in the last 12 month, ebay member since 2003 and an extensive website (www.zapfanlagendoktor.de) you can safely assume that he is genuine.

I'd take the other two , Robbie...you can never have enough kegs !

Better get a quote on six then! Im in Melbourne and would love a couple aswell!

I've had a couple of email exchanges with seller and he's been good and prompt. In addition to getting the same postage quote as above, I got the following reply re shipping time and # of kegs he has available:

hello
8-11 days and i have only 500 piece
best regards doc

So, PFS should have theirs soon and, unless they are flying out the door like hotcakes, the stock should last a little while at least so we can hear how they look when they arrive here.

Let us know how they are as soon as you get them Mate.

i just emailed him through ebay messages...

maybe he's getting sick of all us ozzies! nah doubt it, he was cool. to be honest i emailed once through ebay de with no answer then got a reply the second time about a week later when i emailed through ebay au.... from there it was plain sailing... still waiting on my kegs to arrive though... i'm loving the concept, it means i'll get 2 19's and 2 9's in my chest kegerator, giving me 18L more capacity... wooohooot.

Thanks PFS ... good idea on confirming pin vs ball ...... same same on capacity ...because most chest freezers have a "step" ... it is wasted space ... my 276 L Fisher and Paykel Chest Keezer can now potentially take 4 x 19L plus 2 x 9L kegs ..... now I can afford to dedicate a 9L keg of strawberry pilsner to the minister of war, recreation and finance !!

Please keep us advised on the quality once they arrive.

I am certain many on this forum would be keen for one or more at that price.

On his website he is selling 19 Litre kegs for 24,99 EUR.

http://zapfanlagendoktor.de/product_info.p...9af96aa2efc7fe9

I don't know how much shipping would be.

Shipping for the 19L is similar to the 9L. 1 keg is 40 euros, 2-4 kegs is 85 euros. No further reduction for 5 kegs or more.

Works out to 185 euros for 4 kegs delivered, which translates to AUS$241 today, so not worth the hassle, might as well order from Ross, get them delivered more quickly and keep the money in the country. Also, you won't get the seal kits from Germany which Ross offers for free on the 4 keg deal.

I've had a couple of email exchanges with seller and he's been good and prompt. In addition to getting the same postage quote as above, I got the following reply re shipping time and # of kegs he has available:

hello
8-11 days and i have only 500 piece
best regards doc

So, PFS should have theirs soon and, unless they are flying out the door like hotcakes, the stock should last a little while at least so we can hear how they look when they arrive here.

Let us know how they are as soon as you get them Mate.

not sure how accurate the info is his transport company is giving him....

i got a tracking number off of him, it's DHL...

current status is "on way to destination country" - the fact that it went via Hamburg makes me think it's in a container on a boat somewhere... my experience most air freight via Germany goes through Frankfurt... Hamburg? well isn't it one of the world's biggest shipping ports? i reckon i'm now waiting on a slow boat...

A lot of air cargo goes via Hamburg, depending on the origin in Germany. Your kegs come from Duisburg, so it makes totally sense that they go via Hamburg. Also, the price quoted is definitely for air cargo with DHL, which takes from memory 9-11 days. Unless of course your cargo gets lost on the way...

A lot of air cargo goes via Hamburg, depending on the origin in Germany. Your kegs come from Duisburg, so it makes totally sense that they go via Hamburg. Also, the price quoted is definitely for air cargo with DHL, which takes from memory 9-11 days. Unless of course your cargo gets lost on the way...

Date/time City Status
23.12.10 11:34 Hours
DE

The shipment has been posted by the sender at the retail outlet
23.12.10 17:34 Hours
--

The shipment has been picked up
23.12.10 19:51 Hours
Krefeld, DE

The shipment has been processed in the parcel center
23.12.10 19:53 Hours
Krefeld, DE

The international shipment has been processed in the parcel center of origin
24.12.10 03:25 Hours
Saulheim, DE

The international shipment has been processed in the export parcel center
05.01.11 12:46 Hours
Hamburg, DE

The shipment is being transported to the destination country

i can appreciate the delay over the xmas period, but if it was air freight then leaving hamburg on 5 Jan, it should be damn close by now...

don't suppose it'd try and come through the floods in qld? or maybe the road from melbs to Adelaide being blocked by floods adds some time...

fingers still crossed.

OK, got ya, that's a bit strange indeed. Once it arrives in Aus you should get something like:

EVENT CATEGORY
20 Dec 10 6:52 PM - Clearance processing complete - BRISBANE,AUSTRALIA

But I had parcels as well that for some reason didn't make it through that stage. I'd highly recommend to call DHL Australia asap on 61-7-3845 7850, as they don't really seem to care too much about parcels that are sitting around. When I called about mine they told me it had been sitting there for weeks and they didn't know what to do with it (how about sending it to me???) and are glad that I called :wacko: It arrived at my place the next day!

Good luck,
Florian

Latest posts

Back