9 Litre Corny's 'cheapish?' And Mobile Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i upscaled my paypal dispute to a claim today...

yes he has been helpful in his responses but i didn't raise the claim it would have timed out and i would have no method of trying to resolve it.

basically i've been forced by paypal's deadlines to put in a claim and then make it a dispute. i do believe him and i do believe they're on their way to me...

but maybe they have lost a container (it happens) and if i claim this way via paypal i may get some form of coverage...

will keep everyone posted.

and maybe these issues will force the seller to look at other courier methods. i've never had any issues with UPS, even got a set of car wheels and tyres from the UK in 7 days, and that was their slow method, express was 3 days!

I think you guys would be better off putting in a claim with DHL and not the seller. It's not his fault if DHL stuffs up. But if you put in a claim with paypal, wouldn't they go after the seller and reverse the payment? I don't think that's fair on him, seeing he has sent of the goods already.

Your packages with DHL are insured up to a value of 500 EUR from memory, so if all else fails DHL will reimburse you. Once the seller has sent everything off and provided you with tracking numbers it's really not his issue anymore.

I'm not trying to flame or anything, I'm waiting for a shipment from Germany myself. And although I had some serious issues with the seller (it's a different one) as it took him over 3 month to get the shipment sorted after I paid him, I know that it is now out of his hands and current delays are DHL's responsibility.

It seems they have massive issues at the moment with shipments to AUS, and in a lot of cases the 9-11 days they state are more like a month or even three. So Either be patient or get angry at DHL, but leave that that seller out of it, it has nothing to do with him.

Oh, and I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but every time I try to get a quote from UPS or FEDEX, the price comes up as over 800 EUR for a 10kg package 60x60x60.

Agree... Go after DHL, you coverage from paypal consists of them pinching the money from his account and putting it back in yours. He loses his money then.

Rather than force him to find another courier he may just decide it's worth the hassle to sell to Australia.

Agree... Go after DHL, you coverage from paypal consists of them pinching the money from his account and putting it back in yours. He loses his money then.

Rather than force him to find another courier he may just decide it's worth the hassle to sell to Australia.

I tend to agree with this sentiment

If he's posted it, and you have the tracking numbers, he's being a good guy, and paypal will just yank the funds straight out of his account...

anyway, i hope mine arrive :)

just don't want this awesome supply to get cut off

good luck :)

Your packages with DHL are insured up to a value of 500 EUR from memory, so if all else fails DHL will reimburse you. Once the seller has sent everything off and provided you with tracking numbers it's really not his issue anymore.

errr, only the sender can put in a claim! It is broadly recognised that the sender is responsible until the package is delivered. After all, it is the sender who has had the business transaction with the delivery/courier/postal company.

Purchaser puts in claim with credit card company / paypal etc, transaction is reversed, sender puts in claim with delivery/courier/postal company...

Just received this from the seller , shows goods made it to the ship at least on the 18th Jan , he says DHL have problems & could take up to 2months.

DHL site

Just copy & paste into google translate if you need to.

Not trying to take sides here, just my experience.

A month or two ago I ordered 4 and received them within 11 days, including the PayPal pay day.
After living for a few years in his neigbourhood and speaking the lingo. I wrote a couple of emails, one of them congratulating him on the speedy delivery. He was very happy about that and stated that his mini keg sales had outstripped sales in Germany and he is only sending the better looking kegs to Australia.

When I asked him beginning of the week if I could have another 4 he replied not a problem, but he also raised his concerns that

quote: nur die versandzeit dauert manchmal recht lange so das einige australische ebayer nicht erhaltene artikel melden
sorry aber es ist auch ein langer weg und so ein schiff ist halt nicht das schnellste. und luftpost ist viel zu teuer
(but the delivery time seems to be too long for some orders and that some Australian ebay customers reported their kegs still missing. Sorry but it's a long way and ships are not the fastest way of transport and via airmail is to expensive)

He seemed genuinely worried about the situation. He doesn't know of any AHB connection and I didn't tell him that I knew about these problems through the forum.

I'm going to take the risk and order another lot. Fingers crossed!

Pete

errr, only the sender can put in a claim! It is broadly recognised that the sender is responsible until the package is delivered. After all, it is the sender who has had the business transaction with the delivery/courier/postal company.

Purchaser puts in claim with credit card company / paypal etc, transaction is reversed, sender puts in claim with delivery/courier/postal company...

exactly!

Ok, I have taken the plunge - ordered 4. Will advise here when these turn up.

Just out of interest, my cost per keg will be AU$71.85 (I am assuming there will not be any credit card surcharges as the currency conversion has been done by paypal).

I have been looking for a suitable portable cooler for a 9L keg - any suggestions or links appreciated. Apparantly Ross (Craftbrewer) has made one - have not been able to track down a picture of this yet.

Cheers
Matt.

I have been looking for a suitable portable cooler for a 9L keg - any suggestions or links appreciated. Apparantly Ross (Craftbrewer) has made one - have not been able to track down a picture of this yet.

Cheers
Matt.

i'm hoping that if i ever receive mine... a willow 15Litre cooler might do the trick.

they're the round drinks cooler, in a bucket style with a tap at the bottom...

they're about 50 bucks at big w etc...

Well it looks like mine just landed in Aust and it's been 21 days so far. Hopefully within another week, pending on customs, I should finally have them if all goes well.

notlongnow.jpg

Yes, they seem to charge 4-5%

Btw, it worked out to 70.75AUD, landed, per keg

Supposed to be DHL Packet International, which is air I believe.

Germans get good rates (relative to the rest of europe) on 5KG, 10KG and 20KG boxes to AU

Just recieved my 4 kegs!

21 days from ordering to unpacking. V happy.

The kegs are some of the best 2nd hand kegs I've seen. All pressurized with good pressure.

And there was a bonus german beer truck toy :))

4_kegs.jpg

Happy for you guys, personally now up to 52 days.

Cheers

Paul

Congrats mate.... I envy that pic. Someone was saying in this thread that apparently he was shipping the better of his kegs to Aust. It would be nice to see everyone here starting to get theirs very soon. :beer:

Happy for you guys, personally now up to 52 days.

Cheers

Paul

Sorry to hear that Paul. Have you been following it on DHL?... no doubt you have but I'm curious where it's at assuming they are in the country somewhere

Sorry to hear that Paul. Have you been following it on DHL?... no doubt you have but I'm curious where it's at assuming they are in the country somewhere

According to the DHL tracking it's still enroute!

Paul

Perhaps some Somali pirate is wondering "WTF are these shiny things?"

Cheers

Paul

i reckon those pirates have opened mine, licked out the syrup then used them for floating target practice...

i've given up. paypal gave me my money back.

don't suppose there's anyone in oz who bought 4 but wants to shift 2? :rolleyes:

Back