9 Litre Corny's 'cheapish?' And Mobile Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thinking about taking the risk
It's not really risky, as you can track the shipment online.

I had no doubt that my kegs would turn eventually and the seller maintained communications with me the whole time. The only warning I would give is whilst the listing might say 11 to 14 days delivery, be prepared to wait up to 3 months for them to arrive. If you're not in a hurry to use them, this wouldn't matter.

Also, be prepared to give the kegs a good scrub and replace all the o-rings and seals.

Just checked tracking and 16 days later they are in Australian Customs.
So maybe by the end of the week i will be carded.

Thank god, my order has finally arrived after a monumental 76 days in transit. Can't complain about the seller his communication was good throughout the entire drama, DHL on the o/hand suck the big one.

Cheers

Paul

I have been doing some sniffing around, what's the difference between the corny style kegs and the new style like brewz 2 you sell?

I know one is used, are the conrys a better build?

Just recieved my 4 kegs!

21 days from ordering to unpacking. V happy.

The kegs are some of the best 2nd hand kegs I've seen. All pressurized with good pressure.

And there was a bonus german beer truck toy :) )

View attachment 44309

you sux ...... i ordered and recieved 4 baby kegs and got no toys !!!!!!! arrrrhhh !!!!!

I have been doing some sniffing around, what's the difference between the corny style kegs and the new style like brewz 2 you sell?

I know one is used, are the conrys a better build?

9%20and%2021L%20Keg-2.jpg

Just to add to this post because I'm interested too heres a pic of the keg robbo is talking about (the one on the left).

Just to add to this post because I'm interested too heres a pic of the keg robbo is talking about (the one on the left).

Those are brand spanking new, and made for homebrew i believe.
The ones we purchase for 1/3 the price are old 2nd hand pepsi and cola syrup kegs.

Those are brand spanking new, and made for homebrew i believe.
The ones we purchase for 1/3 the price are old 2nd hand pepsi and cola syrup kegs.

So we are looking at about $105 each for these delivered new, compared to about $70 for the German second hand ones. You would go the brewz2you ones then? Anyone with experiance with the all metal ones?

Anyone with experiance with the all metal ones?

Yeah they rust and are quite thin metal. Poor build quality and I've even seen one blow out the bottom so the keg turned into an egg shape. The pressure relief valve failed to vent excess gas.

These ones from Germany are really good quality and well worth the extra cash.

Cheers,

TS

Came home to toy truck and 2 very good looking kegs.Now to give em a clean up.
18 days....pity i had to wait 5 1/2 months for the brewery to arrive from Germany.

Received 4 kegs today. And the toy truck.

Will need a bit of a cleanup but overall they look to be in good condition.

Ordered these on 4th March.

So we are looking at about $105 each for these delivered new, compared to about $70 for the German second hand ones. You would go the brewz2you ones then? Anyone with experiance with the all metal ones?
I purchased one of the all metal 9 litre kegs about 12 months ago and I've had no problems or rust issues. They come with a warning not to exceed 34 PSI, so they are not recommended for force carbonating but good for serving. They wont stand up to a lot of rough treatment as you don't have the protection of the rubber guards. The kegs are constructed from 1mm thick 304 stainless steel.

I bought it because I wanted a 9 litre keg and at $100, it was a lot cheaper than the $200 for a new corny style keg.

But for $60-$70 for used 9 litre kegs from Germany, I don't think it's worth buying the new all metal kegs.

Date/time City Status
14.02.11 11:51 Hours DE The shipment has been posted by the sender at the retail outlet
16.02.11 12:57 Hours IPZ-Ffm, DE The shipment is being transported to the destination country
23.03.11 06:52 Hours AU The shipment has arrived in the destination country
23.03.11 06:53 Hours AU The shipment has been delivered to customs in the destination country
23.03.11 07:17 Hours AU The shipment is being processed in the delivery depot

28.03.11 My four pack has arrived.

Will have to wait 'til I get home to check them out...

If anyone is going to the Wheatsheaf try the Hopwired - sensational beer. Had some yesterday arvo.

I haven't been able to order mine with someone yet.
If anyone is keen I want to get 2 shipped to Sydney. If I get 4 it will cost about $70 a pop (as opposed to $80 for 2) with the aussie dollar doing quite well against the euro. Anyone interested? I'll even throw in the toy truck. PM me.

Be quick though, I will probably just order 2 if I don't hear back from anyone by tomorrow morning.

75 days and still waiting, ordered mine Jan 11th.

Will check po box tonight

Back