5l Heineken Keg

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turto77

Reaction score
Hi guys,
SWMBO bought me one of those 5L Heineken kegs through the week and i was wondering if it possible to refill them once the original contents have been removed and what other kegs can be used.

If so I would like some help with what I need to do to get the real brew in the keg and start dispensing. :beerbang: :beerbang:

Turto
Beer is Life

you would need some way of pumping pressure past the outlet valve to fill it. they have a co2 cylinder inside them for serving pressure and i would think that removing the valve might not be a good idea. also you might run out serving gas quickly. cleaning it is another story

G'day,

I do - I fill with a counterpressure filler from my kegs, and dispense with a beer king.

If you've already pulled the tap I don'k know how well the keg wil hold pressure, so the beer would be exposed. On the other hand, if all you're doing is dumping it into the 5L keg for a party that night, it's probably not an issue...

Andy

Ahh the 5L Heineken keg; that takes me back. I didn't know they were refillable.

Latest posts

Back