50l Keg Up For Grabs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony M

Reaction score
Just picked up a 50L keg off the verge rubbish pickup. Its no good to me so its free to a good home in Perth. It's still half full and under pressure but I have no idea how to access it and the contents smell distinctly cidery, so its not nitroglycerine inside but I doubt there is anything drinkable there.
Photo of top attached (hopefully)

aa_keg.jpg

Geeze..... wish i was on the west coast right now....

the pic seems to indicate it already belongs to someone

g

If Chilla doesn't want it, I'll put my hand up....especially if you find any more :D

By the middle of next week, this thing would have been picked up by a front end loader, dumped in the back of a truck with all the old fridges, washing machines, televisions and etc and buried for a milion years in a great hole in the ground.
I am rescuing it for a worthy cause and saving the environment just a little.

but you could.... take it back to its rightful owner instead; which would also rescue it from land fill, save the environment and as a bonus, give you a warm self satisfied glow from knowing that you have done the right thing.

Of course I would probably just cut a hole in it and use it a as an HLT. But I am a morally corrupt degenerate and I like to think better of my fellow AHB ers :p

Jebus fellas, wake up and smell that coffee. Keg sitting on the nature strip for hard waste collection offers that same moral dilemma as a multinational corporate brewing company trying to pass off a poorly made lager as a bitter ale and expecting everyone to just shut up and drink it.

Just make sure you all dont fall off that high horse and break your neck, personally Id rather stick it to the man and make use of a good situation.

Back