40 Brew Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zabond

Reaction score
As I keg only I usually ferment 21 ltr brews,after hyd samples & kegging I am left with bout 1ltr which I used to toss out[a waste]so I started putting the leftovers into a couple of 15ltr cubes that I kept in the freezer,so after bout 40 brews I ended up with 20 odd litres of frozen allsorts of beer from wheats to stouts so thawed them out- kegged and taadaa a very drinkable never to be repeated beer with unknown alc% but it'll get ya pretty pizzed & an extra kegfull that woulda been dumped-win/win,now I just keep adding to the cubes increasing the mix ;)

That's a cool idea..... :p

I usually either bottle that extra couple of Litres or more likely put in PET bottles, chill and force carb straight away so I have an idea of where the beer is at....

PB

Sounds what my friend used to call a grunge party. Everyone brings a bottle of spirit or liquer and must be a ble to produce a receipt that it cost less than $x. All gets tipped into a clean plastic bin together and thats the drinks for the night.

zabond if you are looking for a name to give your brew hows this K9

Ive always thought about blending beers, kinda like they do with wine. But 40 different ones would be interesting :huh:

There are a few people who have a "bitzer" keg......

If I had a few more kegs I'd probably dedicate one to being a bitzer, just keep adding the dregs from fermenters everytime I keg a batch, over time it would change and become more and more bizzare...

Probably would want to empty and clean it out every few months though..

thats a mongrel keg to the max. ive blended (read needed keg space and dumped together) 5 differant beers, but 40! wow. enter that into the specialty category of a comp and watch them be puzzled!

got a bitza keg on the go myself right now, all variants of pale ales though. Nothing special but will keep some of the VB drinking rellies happy at xmas

Back