40 Brew Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zabond

Reaction score
As I keg only I usually ferment 21 ltr brews,after hyd samples & kegging I am left with bout 1ltr which I used to toss out[a waste]so I started putting the leftovers into a couple of 15ltr cubes that I kept in the freezer,so after bout 40 brews I ended up with 20 odd litres of frozen allsorts of beer from wheats to stouts so thawed them out- kegged and taadaa a very drinkable never to be repeated beer with unknown alc% but it'll get ya pretty pizzed & an extra kegfull that woulda been dumped-win/win,now I just keep adding to the cubes increasing the mix ;)

That's a cool idea..... :p

I usually either bottle that extra couple of Litres or more likely put in PET bottles, chill and force carb straight away so I have an idea of where the beer is at....

PB

Sounds what my friend used to call a grunge party. Everyone brings a bottle of spirit or liquer and must be a ble to produce a receipt that it cost less than $x. All gets tipped into a clean plastic bin together and thats the drinks for the night.

zabond if you are looking for a name to give your brew hows this K9

Ive always thought about blending beers, kinda like they do with wine. But 40 different ones would be interesting :huh:

There are a few people who have a "bitzer" keg......

If I had a few more kegs I'd probably dedicate one to being a bitzer, just keep adding the dregs from fermenters everytime I keg a batch, over time it would change and become more and more bizzare...

Probably would want to empty and clean it out every few months though..

thats a mongrel keg to the max. ive blended (read needed keg space and dumped together) 5 differant beers, but 40! wow. enter that into the specialty category of a comp and watch them be puzzled!

got a bitza keg on the go myself right now, all variants of pale ales though. Nothing special but will keep some of the VB drinking rellies happy at xmas

Latest posts

Back