4 pines stout yeast

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
danestead said:
Correct. I had one last weekend and it was very nice. I also really enjoy Nail's Oatmeal Stout.
+1 for nail oatmeal stout *drools*

AHB goes down due to a PMIDOS (PM Induced Denial of Service) in 3... 2... 1...

Also, can I be in on the PMIDOS?

Can you PM me too pls?

Or save yourself many jobs and post recipe in the thread?

Sorry to be negative, but I'm surprised you all want it... :ph34r:

I tried the 4 pines Kolsch and Hefewiezen on the weekend, I was less than impressed with both of them and wouldn't be itching to try the stout.

I wouldn't have said anything If I hadn't seen this thread....

To take from your own Signature.
"I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work"

Best of having tried something and failed then to not try at all :p

Matplat said:
Sorry to be negative, but I'm surprised you all want it... :ph34r:

I tried the 4 pines Kolsch and Hefewiezen on the weekend, I was less than impressed with both of them and wouldn't be itching to try the stout.

I wouldn't have said anything If I hadn't seen this thread....
Bottles or on tap? Were they fresh?

Im not a fanboi and I suppose each to there own etc but i find the hefe particularly is a fantastic example....if its fresh. I had a bad six pack once as it was a bit old and tasted tangy.
For me.....The stout is an amazing beer particularly on tap.

Where did you pick up the bottles from matplat? Dans and the other "big two" outlets i find are hopeless. By the time you get the beers they are well skunked from sitting in yards/warehouses while waiting to be transported from distribution centres. I think you may have picked up an old pack i find the stout, kolsch and hef fantastic. Having said that, everyone's tastes are different

I tried them both at a bar on the sunny coast... trendy kind of joint that has a 'craft beer tasting night' every so often... so thought they would be fresh, i looked for a best before/bottled date on the bottles but couldnt find one. They weren't terrible just that my beers taste better! On the other side, The james squire sun down that i had was a bloody ripper!

I'm not a big fan of their hefe - have some relatives in Manly so have been fortunate enough to have a few sessions at their bar in Manly.

Love their stout and their one off beers have generally been really good. But for a hefe - I prefer to duck over to the Bavarian on Manly wharf.

Agreed, the stout is very nice. The Kölsch though didn't do much for me, seemed bland but that's the only example of the style I've had. Not bad, just not great. Can't comment on their other beers.

Hey guys - old mate hasn't pm'd me - could someone who has been pm'd pls PM me??!!

...ooooor just post the recipe please??!!

Kevo will pm you, I don't think it's right to make it too public so would prefer to not post it. Will pm those who have requested it tomorrow

4 pines pale and hefe taste amazing on tap. The Hefe is actually a great example of the style.

Latest posts

Back