3V build help reqd

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As for the height of your taps, just enough to not be on the curvature of the base and allowing for the width of the nuts inside to not be near the curvature. A pick up tube bent back to words the side of the pot will suck the thing dry, for HLT and Kettle. As for the domed false bottom, I would try and get the biggest diameter possible for that sized pot.

Cheers

treefiddy said:
Look after?

Don't they just work?
Surprisingly yes, even if it did not get cleaned for a few days after the brewday. Nothing a bit of sod perc at 80 deg for a couple of hours doesn't clean.

lmccrone said:
I wouldn't bother with a thermometer on the kettle, if its boiling its at 100 C and if its not boiling then its not hot enough.
No it's not necessary, when I built my 3V I put one in my kettle and was very pleased I did.
If at some stage you use a chiller and whirpool back to your kettle it's really handy. You can save some bucks and leave it out but if you can afford it I say install one.
Hell it's bling anyway.

Let me know if you need some help or even a stainless fitting or two, I have a few things in my box of tricks.

Batz

Thanks for the help, I bought some cheap 98L pots to start with, a $240 for HLT and $138 for the kettle and mash tun, and paid a welder $100 johnny cash to weld them in.
The cheap pots are cheap and thin!! Lucky I didn't weld them !!
Bought 2 - 4 ring burners to heat 1 on the kettle and 1 on the HLT I'm going to fit a high pressure reg on the HLT to make it faster and probably a pressure gauge.
I'm in the process of building the stand and will build a coil and RIMS or HERMS out of copper.
Any feed back would be great !!

Latest posts

Back