2400w Elements

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i only got the brass fittings, as i said it was a custom made element and came straight and i bent it myself

View attachment 48019

im very happy with it but if you can get away with a standard element then your better off getting that because it will be cheaper

cheers matho

Cheers mate. The price they quoted me works out at about what you paid. It's more than I wanted to pay, but I guess you do get what you pay for!

Hi there
Im building a BIAB setup and I was wondering what element/s would be best for it? I am an electrician so power is no problem and its about a 50l pot. How does the kettle element go through the side? Is any welding needed (i would prefer not but its not to much of a mission to get it done). Is a couple of elements like the ones selling at craftbrewer be the go? Any idea would be greatly appreciated

It's the same sort of concept as fitting a weldless outlet, cut a hole in the pot, the element goes through and you seal it with a big nut and thick silicone gasket.
There is some good pics and information here: http://www.theelectricbrewery.com/

they have SS fittings i just didnt ask for them

SANY1505.JPG

SANY1506.JPG

the element is 8mm in diameter and the effective heating length is about 1570mm

cheers matho

Finally got one from Istra Elements in Caringbah. About half the price of the equivalent Grimwood or TEE units, 316 stainless plug, and slightly longer for a lower surface density. Pretty happy with it. Just need to get the temp controller wired up and in a box and I'll be set.

003.jpg

Just to share some of my thinking on electric heating elements. I just ordered this

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Aiicioo240v-6000w-screw-in-electric-water-heater-element-1-1-4-BSP-Brass-Thread-/321888445458?hash=item4af20be412:g:eagAAOSw5ZBWF25R

There is this three sub-element option. Each at 2000W. Can easily be connected in any combination or with an SSR for each sub-element. For mid to large rigs, people can buy this element knowing they only have their standard 10A and when they upgrade they can power up all three sub-element.

Alternatively, you can consider the other two as spares for significant heater longevity for the no fail brew day on account of dry burn up or random fail.

I've bought a tiny 750W version of this brand for my Mash Tun integrated recirc unit (yet to post my build) and the quality is very good.

Enjoy.

Back