24 Caret Beer - Wtf

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just because your the first does not mean its a good idea.

Im pretty sure the gold would provide plenty of nucleation sites for all the co2 to promptly leave.

That being said someone will buy it.

A moronic ploy designed to appeal to those inclined to unbridled Hedonism and an unrelenting consumption for non-renewable resources? <_< Despite the value of the gold, I very much doubt the beer itself would be of a quality reflective of the price. The prevailing question is... Why?

A moronic ploy designed to appeal to those inclined to unbridled Hedonism and an unrelenting consumption for non-renewable resources? <_< Despite the value of the gold, I very much doubt the beer itself would be of a quality reflective of the price. The prevailing question is... Why?

Status symbol? It ain't about the beer.

goldschlager.jpg

Purrdy.......so are you suppose to drink the flakes or what? i cant load the link for some reason, prob my shaped interwebs.

Purrdy.......so are you suppose to drink the flakes or what? i cant load the link for some reason, prob my shaped interwebs.

Gold is inert. Eat it, shit it. All the same.

Just more wank marketing drivel that's been used for the last 1000 years to take money off rich people.

Reminds me of Danziger Goldwasser, a liqueur with beat gold in it.
My parents used to have a bottle of it with the other 'usual' spirits in the house when I was a kid, it's actually quite tasty and not that expensive at all.

If you price this beer by it's gold content I'd hazard a guess that it's way over priced, but who knows, it might be a really good beer well worth the money. Only one way to find out, really.

Very rarely do you find lamb dressed as mutton.

But often mutton dressed as lamb.

Either way, we won't know until we try, no matter how much we bitch about the marketing.

Designed and manufactured by the Brasserie du Pays Fleming, it consists of water, malted barley and wheat, hops, yeast flakes and 24 karat edible gold. It does not contain GMOs and has a high alcohol content of 9% vol

wtf are yeast flakes?

What about putting the gold flecks in a Stout? Black and gold would be a bit more interesting than a pale lager

Gold flakes are alot cheaper than you would think. I use it a bit for teaching gilding and gild resto work, although now I use the cheaper not gold in class, its also used a bit as an edible on sweets. You would be suprised how many "flakes " you would get out of a small sheet.

Cheers

Deff not the first thing around like it. There are plenty of spirits, some wines and even some beers with gold bits in them. Though, with the cost of gold atm it amazes me people still pump in out.

Latest posts

Back