2200w Stainless Elements Failing?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
given how hard you run your elements in an elec brewery why not pony up the cash for a proper commercial element and have piece of mind?

3600W stainless element and laser cut casing from Stokes electrical cost me $192.50 incl laser cut holes for terminal assembly (parts #: u-2620-14 & U-2642). I use it on my hlt. I know this bugger is going to last forever. small investment for what it does and I was definitely trying to build my rig on the cheap. but some things are just worth it.

http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...si&img=3960

Guys,

The element is a Keg king product & they've been working really hard to remedy the problems. All the units come with a 3 year warranty so rest assured if you have any problems they'll be replaced.

cheers Ross

Obviously not hard enough Ross - given you posted this back in November - I was sold one of these elements a little over a month ago from Keg King directly and after 4 brews it failed in the same way people have described.

So, they obviously know about the problem - but continue to sell them. I think that's a bit dubious...

I have my refund, but the money isn't really the issue

i bought one from keg king that failed after 10 brews, the wires soldered to element are the standard elec type not the high temp variety which should be on there. fortunately not much damage was done when it blew and i was able to solder appropiate wires on which have been working fine eversince.

Latest posts

Back