2017 Christmas Case Swap at pcqypcqy's - Stanthorpe SEQ 2nd Decemb

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agree, another great swap. Thanks again to @pcqypcqy

Also have a couple of things that were left behind. Parks, the seal is yours. Not sure if the pressure sprayer was Nicks?

full

I knew I would forget something. Thanks for grabbing it. Where are you based?

Brisbane. Anyone coming down this way soon?

Whereabouts Brisbane?

I'm going to the airport Monday night so MIGHT be able to drop it in.

Otherwise there's usually someone from up here doing a trip down, could maybe drop it somewhere useful for yo.

Also I got the tick of approval.
Hahaha
View attachment 110202

Wot, only one? I found on the drive home the little blighters were moving up to my upperbody, and I'd just feel a tiny itch, which upon investigation was a bloody tick about to settle in. I don't think I have any more on me, but the tally was about 8 all up. All clothing now in the machine just waiting for a sunny day to switch it on and drown any which remain.

They sure pack a punch for such a tiny thing. Maybe if we keep on going there, we'd build up an immunity! :drinkingbeer:

Wot, only one? I found on the drive home the little blighters were moving up to my upperbody, and I'd just feel a tiny itch, which upon investigation was a bloody tick about to settle in. I don't think I have any more on me, but the tally was about 8 all up. All clothing now in the machine just waiting for a sunny day to switch it on and drown any which remain.

They sure pack a punch for such a tiny thing. Maybe if we keep on going there, we'd build up an immunity! :drinkingbeer:

I been bit plenty of times and it doesn't get any better. Even if you get them straight away, I still get some flu-like symptoms for a few hours and it's itchy as anything for a while.

Whereabouts Brisbane?

I'm going to the airport Monday night so MIGHT be able to drop it in.

Otherwise there's usually someone from up here doing a trip down, could maybe drop it somewhere useful for yo.

Salisbury - near the end of the Ipswich Motorway. If you could grab it that would be awesome, otherwise I will get it another time.

Salisbury - near the end of the Ipswich Motorway. If you could grab it that would be awesome, otherwise I will get it another time.

This might be possible. Will pm you if I can do it.

Yeah I've found one, but I am paranoid that I must have missed them somewhere because of the sheer number you've had roger.

Thanks for the swap. Great time had. Left some items and hope they come in handy including the bottle of Sheaf stout. Also I got the tick of approval.
Hahaha
View attachment 110202
I scored a couple as well, and a sucidal leech latched onto me when I had a piss at very late o'clock :)

The leeches were suprisingly absent, usually it only takes a little bit of dew in the morning to bring them out, especially in the longish grass.

You would certainly know by now if you had a big tick on you, it would hurt lot buggery and you'd probably be feeling the paralysis effects. Sounds suspiciously similar to a hangover though......

I thought they looked like your bog basic cattle ticks, rather than paralysis ticks. Could be wrong though.

Thanks for my first swap guys and gal. I shot off early this morning as I had probably one of the worst hang overs I have had in a good long time and honestly just felt like a good shower and a proper pass out some where.

I think the array of beers I've sampled from everyone is absolutely out standing, too good it seems for my weak self control.

Thanks David for the hosting in an awesome location.
Rookie mistake, now you know why we were all making jokes about glass size in the lead up. With so many beers on hand, a small glass helps to keep things in check. :cheers:

Brisbane. Anyone coming down this way soon?
I might be heading down Friday arvo. PM me with your address and I'll see what I can work out. What suburb do you work in?

paralysis. I have large vet bills to prove it.
Bugger. I pulled a few off but only one had latched on. Must have got it off reasonably quickly as no ill effects other than a bit of a raised irritated spot.

The little arseholes were climbing all over the outside of the mesh on my tent. Threw it out when I got home cause the thing leaked too much, also to prevent transferring ticks to my yard.

Sounds like we're really selling it well as a potential venue to return to for a future swap.

Bugger. I pulled a few off but only one had latched on. Must have got it off reasonably quickly as no ill effects other than a bit of a raised irritated spot.

The little arseholes were climbing all over the outside of the mesh on my tent. Threw it out when I got home cause the thing leaked too much, also to prevent transferring ticks to my yard.

Sounds like we're really selling it well as a potential venue to return to for a future swap.

Winter swap.

Latest posts

Back