2015 Worthogs Pale Ale Mania

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last day to get your entries in! We'll be collecting them today from the drop off points listed on the flyer.

Where are you? We're entering the details in preparation. So if you could get it to South Morang ASAP, you're still ok?

Will the results be posted here tonight? How many entries did you get?
I hope it is all going smoothly!

Hi all, the day is over and the race has been won. We got an average number of entries, but were lacking in judges so we took longer than anticipated. I will try to get the score sheets scanned tonight for sending, and will upload the results when I get back, if possible, tonight.

Westgate results for PA mania
Grant M first in English PA
Neal K third in IPA
Michael Bowron first in Au PA
WEstgate second in club of show behind WH by 1 point.

Here's a little bit of OT.

Every vic comp from biggest to smallest seems to struggle for judges yet there are a growing number of people keen to enter and get feedback on their beers.

It's extremely difficult to run an effective comp with insufficient judges.
If, as a competitor you wish for decent feedback on your brew, consider judging in at least one of the comps that occurs throughout the year. Don't leave it to the same small number of regulars. If you can review a commercial beer, brewery or case swap beer, you can be an amateur judge. All you need is the right attitude and to offer 1/2 a day's worth of your time.

Have a crack, help the comp scene grow (or at least sustain its current level)

Woohoo! That is the first ale that I have ever scored a place with!
Thank you to the worthogs and everybody else who helped out. Sorry I could not be there today but I had family commitments.

I've updated our home page with the winning entrants. We are in the process of finalising the results for publication.

We have now updated our website with the results from today. We thank all of those who helped make today a success. Score sheets have been scanned and will be collated for emailing out tomorrow. If you were not in attendance today and have won a prize, you will be contacted shortly.

We hope everyone enjoyed taking part in the event.

http://www.worthogs.net

Thanks for getting the results up and sheets out nice and quick - good stuff!

Pretty chuffed landing 3rd in the APA category and congrats to the Worthogs for taking out the best club award.

Latest posts

Back