2015 Worthogs Pale Ale Mania

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

worthogs webmaster

Reaction score
Hi all,

This is just a courtesy post to let you know that Pale Ale Mania is happening again. We are also still at the same place - 69 Main Street Diamond Creek. However it's been sold and renovated and rejuvenated to become The Windy Mile. They are a completely different type of restaurant and bar, a great place to unwind and enjoy good quality meals.

Anyway, we usually set up out in the back of the restaurant, but this year we will be set up in the front bar. We do not yet know how this is going to work in terms of space, so we will NOT be accepting entries on the day for the first time this year. We will continue to accept entries at participating home brew shops until the day beforehand.

Our entry form and information flyer can be found on our website www.worthogs.net.

PALE ALE MANIA
Sunday 2nd August 2015
From 9:30am
The Windy Mile​
69 Main Street Diamond Creek​

Pale Ale Mania 2015.jpg

We've been updating our list of sponsors and the current ones can be found on this new version of the flyer:

worthogs webmaster said:
Also, if anyone is interested in helping out on the day, especially with judging - please contact me at [email protected], or call one of the guys on the flyer.
Is there no pickup at the Geelong home brew supplies shop?

Cheers

Are you guys accepting postal entries from interstate?

Cheers

Sorry, no, we don't pickup from Geelong. One of our members drives to each shop to collect the day before, and we're a very small club so we just can't go everywhere. You could certainly post your entries, but you'd need to be very careful about how you do it. I'd also suggest you let me know by email ([email protected]) that it's coming so I can regularly check our PO Box for it.

Our address is PO Box 188 Greensborough VIC 3088.

P.S. We'd like to grow bigger, so if anyone's considering joining a brew club in the northern suburbs, please consider us. We mainly have members between Greensborough and Whittlesea, but that doesn't mean we don't want you if you're not in that region. Come check us out at Pale Ale Mania.

We've updated our sponsors again, check out the Pale Ale Mania page at www.worthogs.net for the most updated version, and support those who support us!

On the entry form: "Entries can be left with Greensborough Home Brewing Supplies, Grain and Grape (Yarraville) or The Brewer's Den (Boronia) by 12:00pm the day before (Saturday 1st August), with your completed entry form and entry fee."

I'm pleased to announce that this year we have a prize of a $100 voucher from Home Make It for the Best Club. We would love another club to come and win it!

Just bought my PET bottles to get my comp beer off the fridge.... plus a shameless bump to keep the competition threads in the New list ;)

We have finally uploaded the 2014 recipe book. I'm hoping this year that placegetters send through their recipes much quicker. We have ended up publishing it with a few missing.

Unfortunately I only had one to enter, but I can now say it has safely landed at Grain and Grape! Thanks JC64 for providing the beer shuttle service!

Decided not to enter as my beer ended aup being a little hoppy for the category.. but looking forward to the judging

Ive one more to drop off in the morning... it's still in the fridge crashing so it's gunna be bloody fresh...

I ferkin love this time of year B)

Latest posts

Back