2015 Whisky Barrels -

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't mind waiting . 100l is a lot to drink !

Wolfman: 1
Yeastfridge: ?
Brewnut: 1 (Can possibly secure my second) I would prefer a 25lt or 2 but I will take what I can get.
Black n Tan: 2 x 25L
Cooperville: 2 x 25ltr
slcmorro: 1 x 25L (price dependant)
Clickeral: 2 x 25L (one of each if they are different) could also be keen on 100L as an option :) (all price dependant :p)
GoodDuck: 1 x 25L (price dependant)
Batz: 1 x 25L perhaps 2? (price dependent) with shipping to the sunny coast.
Brutusb: 1 x 25L perhaps 2? (price dependent)
Grainer 2 x 25LT (PENDING PRICE
AJ80: 1 x 25L[/font][/color]
Idzy - More
SKB - 100l
Cannibal Smurf
Vanners
mxd 1 x 25 price dependant :)
Awesomefury 1 x 25 or 50L, 1 x 100L Micbrew 1 x 25 (price dependant )
JB 1 x 25, 1 x 100L
Reman 3 x 25L

Hell ya move south to jump on some good BB's and look at the list of brewers ya gotta run down to get a look in. My truck has enough dings already!
Put me on the list for 2x 25 please, can't do all that fancy stuff on the phone.

good to know, maybe if someone gets along, post the details here, Im pretty sure that after my Whisky Barrel has run it's course I'll want to get it coopered and shaved and re charred..

they're always fresher shaved....

Yob said:
good to know, maybe if someone gets along, post the details here, Im pretty sure that after my Whisky Barrel has run it's course I'll want to get it coopered and shaved and re charred..

they're always fresher shaved....
I'm keen to do similar with mine too. Finding a cooper could be interesting...

Well someone has to have constructed all the barrels in the first place. If you do a quick google most of them are located near the main wine regions as that will be their biggest market in OZ.

i did some looking around yesterday after techno's post and found George Smithwick in Beveridge his number is nine745 two 362 he is a 6th Generation Cooper with his Father and Grandad both worked for one of the big breweries in Collingwood. if he was an hour away from me i'd be in like Flynn pestering him for an aprentiship or something. George didn't get into it until his Dad died when George was around 40 years old and from what I read he is worried that no-one will learn the art .. and at least his knowledge will be lost, he's now 60 or so

droid said:
i did some looking around yesterday after techno's post and found George Smithwick in Beveridge his number is nine745 two 362 he is a 6th Generation Cooper with his Father and Grandad both worked for one of the big breweries in Collingwood. if he was an hour away from me i'd be in like Flynn pestering him for an aprentiship or something. George didn't get into it until his Dad died when George was around 40 years old and from what I read he is worried that no-one will learn the art .. and at least his knowledge will be lost, he's now 60 or so
have you listened to the answering machine message? The fella's more Ocker than you :lol: :p ;)

Side note- There's a Lost Trades fair in Kyneton in March. There will be Coopers there.

I'm also planning lunch at the Royal George, cos I quite like beer.

Back