2015 Whisky Barrels -

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, we've missed the boat on anything but port barrels, looks like there are 18 of those, of which 10 are spoken for. Will probably be finalising the order with them next week.

Yob said:
Yob - 1 x Brandy 100l
Vanners 1 x Bourbon 100l
Grainer - Sherry 100l
skb - Port 100l
Blunt -1 X port 100L

Total 4 of 8
Last call, this is in its final stages and will probably be ordering by the end of the week

Yob - 10 x Port 100l
Vanners 1 x Bourbon 100l - Port only, do you still require?
Grainer - Sherry 100l
skb - 1 x Port 100l
Blunt -1 x port 100l

Total 13 of 16

3 more would be ideal from a shipping point of view as it's 4 per pallet.

ed: maths

cooperville said:
How much are they Yob? The 100 ltrs ones I mean
they are going to come in at about $300 + the freight, they've gone up since last I bought them but that's still pretty cheap for what they are (none of that wine barrel muck here ;) )

Im still getting quotes on the freight as well, some of them are pretty varied so trying to get the best price possible out of a very limited amount of carriers.

ed: if we cant get to the 16, it'll have to be 12 but its the same to ship 16, I just don't want the extra barrels sitting in my cellar for ages

Sounds good give me a day or two to search for freight charges but put me on the short list for 1 barrel !!

cooperville said:
Sounds good give me a day or two to search for freight charges but put me on the short list for 1 barrel !!

Yob said:
Last call, this is in its final stages and will probably be ordering by the end of the week

Yob - 10 x Port 100l
skb - 1 x Port 100l
Blunt -1 x port 100l

Total 12
This is the list as it stands.

Im gunna call closed to all but possibly cooperville as it looks unlikely that another 4 will suddenly get taken and Im not going to take them on in the hope that they dont dry out before someone grabs them.

@Cooperville, you can potentially have one of mine

I might ring round a few breweries and see if they want to chuck in on the last 3 or 4

10 x Port.. Yob.. what you doing going into production?

Grainer said:
when you infect them.. let me know.. lol
we also have a cooper on board who will take them apart and re char for us... plus a tub of sulphur rings...

but even doing that is over 4000L away

:icon_drool2:

Ordered and they will be in the state by Friday and in my cellar on Monday.

Yob - 9 x Port 100l
skb - 1 x Port 100l
Blunt -1 x port 100l
Cooperville 1x Port

Total 12

Blunt, please read your PM's I'm afraid I cant keep this for you without hearing from you and if I don't hear back I will have to dispose of it to another punter.

Cheers

I got straps... but the vast majority will be going.. away with a compatriot and I only need to transport 3 back here for folks ;)

this bulk buy (100L single malt) is now a closed book, all casks have either been delivered or picked up, and can I say..

Enjoy the ride folks, you know where to send a bottle in 6 months right? :party:

Reman said:
Wolfman: 1
Yeastfridge: ?
Brewnut: 1 (Can possibly secure my second) I would prefer a 25lt or 2 but I will take what I can get.
Black n Tan: 2 x 25L
Cooperville: 2 x 25ltr
slcmorro: 1 x 25L (price dependant)
Clickeral: 2 x 25L (one of each if they are different) could also be keen on 100L as an option :) (all price dependant :p)
GoodDuck: 1 x 25L (price dependant)
Batz: 1 x 25L perhaps 2? (price dependent) with shipping to the sunny coast.
Brutusb: 1 x 25L perhaps 2? (price dependent)
Grainer 2 x 25LT (PENDING PRICE
AJ80: 1 x 25L[/font][/color]
Idzy - More
SKB - 100l
Cannibal Smurf
Vanners
mxd 1 x 25 price dependant :)
Awesomefury 1 x 25 or 50L, 1 x 100L Micbrew 1 x 25 (price dependant )
JB 1 x 25, 1 x 100L
Reman 3 x 25L

Ive contacted a bloke about commissioning him to build these..

specification to be confirmed but I want to get a general feeling about if folks give a shit if they are ex whiskey or not?

Persoanlly Id prefer that and am likely still interested when they do become available.. but in the meantime, some brand new medium char 25L oak would be pretty sweet...

still EOI till I get specs and a commitment from the Cooper.

Back