2015 Vic Christmas in July Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Swapper
1. Idzy
2. DJ_L3tHAL
3. Yob
4. Nullnvoid
5. Brewnut
6. GrumpyPaul
7. mofox1
8. Tahoose
9. Siborg
10. Midnight Brew
11. Technobabble66
12. MartinOC
13. Whiteferret
14. Grainer
15. Mardoo
16. Black n Tan
17. AJ80
18. AndrewF
19. JB
20. Micbrew
21. Navarau

Non-Swapper

Brewer/Cuber
1. Idzy
2. DJ_L3tHAL
3. Yob
4. Nullnvoid
5. Brewnut
6. GrumpyPaul
7. mofox1
8. Tahoose
9. Siborg
10. Technobabble66
11. MartinOC
12. Whiteferret
13. Grainer
14. Mardoo
15. AJ80
16. AndrewF
17. JB
18. Micbrew
19. Navarau

Jeez! You guys are freakin coco-bananas! 'lright we're in!

What we setting the limits on?

24 swappers +5 reserves?

25 cubers ;-) ???

I blinked after the case swap and this thing was already up ..

Swapper
1. Idzy
2. DJ_L3tHAL
3. Yob
4. Nullnvoid
5. Brewnut
6. GrumpyPaul
7. mofox1
8. Tahoose
9. Siborg
10. Midnight Brew
11. Technobabble66
12. MartinOC
13. Whiteferret
14. Grainer
15. Mardoo
16. Black n Tan
17. AJ80
18. AndrewF
19. JB
20. Micbrew
21. Navarau
22. Damn

Non-Swapper

Brewer/Cuber
1. Idzy
2. DJ_L3tHAL
3. Yob
4. Nullnvoid
5. Brewnut
6. GrumpyPaul
7. mofox1
8. Tahoose
9. Siborg
10. Technobabble66
11. MartinOC
12. Whiteferret
13. Grainer
14. Mardoo
15. AJ80
16. AndrewF
17. JB
18. Micbrew
19. Navarau
20. Damn

Damn said:
Swapper
1. Idzy
2. DJ_L3tHAL
3. Yob
4. Nullnvoid
5. Brewnut
6. GrumpyPaul
7. mofox1
8. Tahoose
9. Siborg
10. Midnight Brew
11. Technobabble66
12. MartinOC
13. Whiteferret
14. Grainer
15. Mardoo
16. Black n Tan
17. AJ80
18. AndrewF
19. JB
20. Micbrew
21. Navarau
22. Damn
23. Symphony1975

Non-Swapper

Brewer/Cuber
1. Idzy
2. DJ_L3tHAL
3. Yob
4. Nullnvoid
5. Brewnut
6. GrumpyPaul
7. mofox1
8. Tahoose
9. Siborg
10. Technobabble66
11. MartinOC
12. Whiteferret
13. Grainer
14. Mardoo
15. AJ80
16. AndrewF
17. JB
18. Micbrew
19. Navarau
20. Damn

Mardoo said:
It's occurred to me that Melbourne alone could have an East Swap as well as a West Swap.
YEAH!

Let's see them Westy's come up with a bigger kettle than ours.

just updated/ added symphony 1975

to the cubers

symphony1975 said:
Swapper
1. Idzy
2. DJ_L3tHAL
3. Yob
4. Nullnvoid
5. Brewnut
6. GrumpyPaul
7. mofox1
8. Tahoose
9. Siborg
10. Midnight Brew
11. Technobabble66
12. MartinOC
13. Whiteferret
14. Grainer
15. Mardoo
16. Black n Tan
17. AJ80
18. AndrewF
19. JB
20. Micbrew
21. Navarau
22. Damn
23. Symphony1975

Non-Swapper

Brewer/Cuber
1. Idzy
2. DJ_L3tHAL
3. Yob
4. Nullnvoid
5. Brewnut
6. GrumpyPaul
7. mofox1
8. Tahoose
9. Siborg
10. Technobabble66
11. MartinOC
12. Whiteferret
13. Grainer
14. Mardoo
15. AJ80
16. AndrewF
17. JB
18. Micbrew
19. Navarau
20. Damn
21 symphony 1975

Yob said:
MM just had a swap too, so there is already a north splinter, not sure if they brew though
Nope, went with a spa instead

We might have access to an inner North brewery or 2 at some point to try the pro-brewer thing also.
So maybe by-pass the 200-500L batches and go straight into a full Hectalitre!

Wow...we are basically there... I guess just keep going and we can assess the need at the end. Two swaps/ two brews, who knows...

whilst the dust is still settling... after a mammoth day

think it might be a good idea if we can sort funds ..for grain and food

Be that A food only component and also cubers

this way we can sort the grain bill and yeast ..without waiting until the 12 hour

arranging food and other items in advance.

just my 2c

cheers mick

Good idea.

So we need to choose a recipe!

I suggest a Red Ale

Simple recipe and versatile - UK or us style, maybe even a Belgian style. Could be amped up at home w DME/LME to be an IPA etc.

Go Red!! :lol:

OK, guys! I've obviously been conspicuous in my absence from this conversation thus far, for good reason......'been thinking...

1. Had to confirm it with SWMBO (she's "in", but I've gently suggested that she may want to be "otherwise engaged" on the weekend...).

2. Dates: Kinglake's coldest, wettest & windiest month is July. If it ain't snowing (I kid you NOT!!), it's gonna be bloody cold & wet, or the wind-chill factor will likely be below zero anyway (we're ~600m above sea level, on top of a ridge). With luck, we could just jag ourselves a perfect winter's day. On the bright side - no magic boxes or supplementary ice required!

3. Since there's nothing on the block but a shed, there will be requirements for everyone to BYO warm clothing/tents/sleeping-bags/wet weather gear/marquees/cuddly toys/hot water bottles etc..etc..(or just schnuggle-up to Cocko :unsure: ).

4. I'd hope that everyone will stay o/nite, since the roads in/out are windy/windy (yes, that's the same word, but with different pronunciations) & require extreme concentration, especially in winter. I don't want anyone to write-themselves-off 'cos they've had a few bevvies & simply out-brake themselves on what COULD be black ice.

I propose a massive bacon & eggs etc. fry-up on the Sunday morning with lashings of strong tea/coffee (plus, helping-out with the inevitable cleanup ;) ).

Lectures/scary-stuff out of the way.....:

I wasn't expecting that folks would want to bring all the gear up the hill for another mega-brew (ie. multiple cubes of one brew) & that I'd simply run a few batches through my rig during the day & we'd just burn a SHITLOAD of wood & eat/drink too much....however....it's got me thinking some more....

My rig (once properly configured :ph34r: ) is geared to doing double/triple batches back-to-back on the same day. Essentially, I can knock-out a triple batch every 3-4 hours (even less if no-chilling). So, I was thinking how about we have a go at a SYSTEM WAR & set a precendent that no other states could possibly ever match for a case swap & cement us Mexicans as the true case-swap behemoths?

Maybe folks get together in pairs/threes with a recipe & I knock it out on my rig whilst the "mega" brew is being done?

There's no reason we couldn't do parti-gyle's, decoctions or any combinations of chill/no-chill brews in a single day! The only caveat on the idea is the power/gas/space requirements.

I've got space.

I've got 10A, 15A & 20A outlets in my brewery area (guess who designed the shed's power plan?? :D ).

I've got multiple gas bottles & I'm sure others can provide more as required...

I've got a petrol gennie that can be pressed into service as required...

**** I think too much.....!!!

Now, YOUR thoughts?

MartinOC said:
OK, guys! I've obviously been conspicuous in my absence from this conversation thus far, for good reason......'been thinking...

1. Had to confirm it with SWMBO (she's "in", but I've gently suggested that she may want to be "otherwise engaged" on the weekend...).

2. Dates: Kinglake's coldest, wettest & windiest month is July. If it ain't snowing (I kid you NOT!!), it's gonna be bloody cold & wet, or the wind-chill factor will likely be below zero anyway (we're ~600m above sea level, on top of a ridge). With luck, we could just jag ourselves a perfect winter's day. On the bright side - no magic boxes or supplementary ice required!

3. Since there's nothing on the block but a shed, there will be requirements for everyone to BYO warm clothing/tents/sleeping-bags/wet weather gear/marquees/cuddly toys/hot water bottles etc..etc..(or just schnuggle-up to Cocko :unsure: ).

4. I'd hope that everyone will stay o/nite, since the roads in/out are windy/windy (yes, that's the same word, but with different pronunciations) & require extreme concentration, especially in winter. I don't want anyone to write-themselves-off 'cos they've had a few bevvies & simply out-brake themselves on what COULD be black ice.

I propose a massive bacon & eggs etc. fry-up on the Sunday morning with lashings of strong tea/coffee (plus, helping-out with the inevitable cleanup ;) ).

Lectures/scary-stuff out of the way.....:

I wasn't expecting that folks would want to bring all the gear up the hill for another mega-brew (ie. multiple cubes of one brew) & that I'd simply run a few batches through my rig during the day & we'd just burn a SHITLOAD of wood & eat/drink too much....however....it's got me thinking some more....

My rig (once properly configured :ph34r: ) is geared to doing double/triple batches back-to-back on the same day. Essentially, I can knock-out a triple batch every 3-4 hours (even less if no-chilling). So, I was thinking how about we have a go at a SYSTEM WAR & set a precendent that no other states could possibly ever match for a case swap & cement us Mexicans as the true case-swap behemoths?

Maybe folks get together in pairs/threes with a recipe & I knock it out on my rig whilst the "mega" brew is being done?

There's no reason we couldn't do parti-gyle's, decoctions or any combinations of chill/no-chill brews in a single day! The only caveat on the idea is the power/gas/space requirements.

I've got space.

I've got 10A, 15A & 20A outlets in my brewery area (guess who designed the shed's power plan?? :D ).

I've got multiple gas bottles & I'm sure others can provide more as required...

I've got a petrol gennie that can be pressed into service as required...

**** I think too much.....!!!

Now, YOUR thoughts?

****, my only thought it is, it's still 7 months away! Sounds fun, I was in by point #3

Latest posts

Back