2014 Vic Xmas in July case swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shite, backup beers? I did not plan for that LOL. Was concerned my lager hadn't finished fully (1.016), but gave it plenty of time, heat and agitating to conclude it was likely non-fermentables from upping the un-roasted chestnuts... have bottled and stored "safe" to carbonate, all goes well will allow a month and a half for lagering and confirmation that it tastes as good as it did out of the FV!!!

Might see if I can whip up a backup beer this long weekend just to be safe!

Dam wish I could participate! Is it too late? Actually don't think I cab get a brew down in time. Really need a bigger fridge

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

So I have some English Liquid yeast that's just out of date.. (WLP002)

is there any interest in me spinning up 10 or 15 vials of it? I could easily do a few starters and get some vials happening and freeze them until the day if anyone is keen?

Yeast swap? Ive got quite a number I can swap, WY1217, WLP001, WLP090, WLP099, *Greenbelt.. er.. WY1272 I think...

*pretty much a house strain now, cultured and banked the 2nd and 3rd uses of this yeast

How will that go in the dry stout getting brewed? If its a good match put me down for enough for the cube.

pretty good I rekon.. >LINKY< (WLP002)

"A classic ESB strain from one of England's largest independent breweries. This yeast is best suited for English style ales including milds, bitters, porters, and English style stouts. This yeast will leave a beer very clear, and will leave some residual sweetness."

I'd have to check but I may also have one of >THESE< in there as well.. (WLP023)

"From the famous brewing town of Burton upon Trent, England, this yeast is packed with character. It provides delicious subtle fruity flavors like apple, clover honey and pear. Great for all English styles, IPA's, bitters, and pales. Excellent in porters and stouts."

Possible options, will check tonight.

Jeepers, they both read bloody good. I'd love to spilt my cube and compare. WLP023 does sound tasty, but I'm a simple man with a simple palette. I'd probably struggle to notice the difference in a beer like a stout. I'll be guided yourself and the other experts.

I'm down for those yeasts! I dont have a very impressive bank though and I only mildly rinse and refrigerate.

Yob I'm pretty sure you gave me a vial of the WL026 which I'm happy to grow up for the swap if folks want some. I won't be freezing but just giving out slurry in sterile water.

Oh yeah, and my swap beers...
And I Took CarpeDaym and RelaxedBrewer off the no -swap lust since they've moved onto the swap list.

1. Yob
2. Mardoo - Two Takes on Three Cascades
3. Idzy - California Common Steam Ale
4. Technobabble66 - probably a Fat Yak style PA done w kolsch yeast.
5. GrumpyPaul - "Grumpy's Scottish Litter" (Scottish 80 to be aged on bourbon soaked oak)
6. Grainer - Robust Porter.. plus some top up of something else..not enough bottles as it is going in a comp
7. Brouhaha
8. Relaxed brewer
9. MartinOC
10. Midnight Brew
11. Wolfman (tentative)
12. zeggie
13. Damn - Probably an IPA\
14. DJ_L3ThAL - probably my Chestnut Pilsner
15. Camo6 - apa/ipa
16. micbrew
17. Warmbeer
18. JB
19. ro55c0 - Rye IPA
20. Whiteferret
21. AJ80 - chocolate vanilla stout
22. Breakbeer
23. Black n Tan- "The Witches Cauldron" American Imperial Red Ale (partial stein beer)
24. Carpedaym

Reserves:
1. syl
2. Shane R
3. Woostyle

Non-Swap Attendees
1. Nullnvoid
2. Cocko - Will bring a keg of some beer. Probably the best beer you have EVER tasted. :lol: .. ever.
3. New_Guy - will make some slow roast pulled pork taco's

Cubes/Brewers
1. Technobabble - 20L
2. Grainer 20L
3. Mardoo 20L
4. MartinOC 20L
5. Idzy 20L
6. Damn 20L
7. DJ_L3ThAL 20L
8. Yob 20L
9. JB 20L
10. Micbrew 20L
11. ro55c0 20L
12. Whiteferret 20L if enough can be brewed.
13. AJ80 20L, but understand am at the bottom of a looooooong list
14. RelaxedBrewer 20L
15. Breakbeer 20L
16. Midnight Brew 20L
17. Grumpy Paul 20L

Total: 340 litres

Yob said:
So I have some English Liquid yeast that's just out of date.. (WLP002)

is there any interest in me spinning up 10 or 15 vials of it? I could easily do a few starters and get some vials happening and freeze them until the day if anyone is keen?

Yeast swap? Ive got quite a number I can swap, WY1217, WLP001, WLP090, WLP099, *Greenbelt.. er.. WY1272 I think...

*pretty much a house strain now, cultured and banked the 2nd and 3rd uses of this yeast
if people are interested in the swap, I can make some starters from my yeasts as well. I will have WLP 004,002,007 and 001 possible have WY 3944 as well.
Might not bring them all along as I only have a couple of starter vessels. If I am really organised I can make some starters and transfer them to jars for people.

Sounds good, on phone so can't add myself to the non swap list but I'll get to it. I may be able to bring some yeast. I'll try my best to harvest and bring some jars from coming up brew

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

OK guys, I've decided I'm not up to taking on the spit roast for a number of reasons. Anyone want to do one? From the food PM going around it sounds like we'll come up with plenty of food if no one wants to. Cocko, By the sound of it you might be up to "taking" a spit roast? Yes? :ph34r:

I can probably provide enough oak wine barrel staves for a wood-fired spit if that's of interest. Not 100% sure, but very likely.

My swap beer hasn't worked out :( I won't have time to brew another in the meantime. I've just subbed in Syl who was top of the 'reserves' list. I hope that is the right thing to do. Have also added myself to non-swappers list:

1. Yob
5. GrumpyPaul - "Grumpy's Scottish Litter" (Scottish 80 to be aged on bourbon soaked oak)
6. Grainer - Robust Porter.. plus some top up of something else..not enough bottles as it is going in a comp
7. Brouhaha
8. Relaxed brewer
9. MartinOC
10. Midnight Brew
11. Wolfman (tentative)
12. zeggie
15. Camo6 - apa/ipa
16. micbrew
17. Warmbeer
18. JB
19. ro55c0 - Rye IPA
20. Whiteferret
22. Breakbeer
23. Black n Tan- "The Witches Cauldron" American Imperial Red Ale (partial stein beer)
24. syl

Reserves:
1. Shane R
2. Woostyle

Non-Swap Attendees
1. Nullnvoid
2. Cocko - Will bring a keg of some beer. Probably the best beer you have EVER tasted. :lol: .. ever.
4. CarpeDaym

Cubes/Brewers
1. Technobabble - 20L
2. Grainer 20L
3. Mardoo 20L
4. MartinOC 20L
5. Idzy 20L
6. Damn 20L
7. DJ_L3ThAL 20L
8. Yob 20L
9. JB 20L
10. Micbrew 20L
11. ro55c0 20L
14. RelaxedBrewer 20L
15. Breakbeer 20L
16. Midnight Brew 20L
17. Grumpy Paul 20L

Edit: fixed bolding

Bottled.. Now all I gotta do is brew 340 effing liters ;)

1. Yob - APA
7. Brouhaha
8. Relaxed brewer
9. MartinOC
10. Midnight Brew
11. Wolfman (tentative)
12. zeggie
15. Camo6 - apa/ipa
16. micbrew
17. Warmbeer
18. JB
19. ro55c0 - Rye IPA
20. Whiteferret
22. Breakbeer
24. syl

Reserves:
1. Shane R
2. Woostyle

Non-Swap Attendees
1. Nullnvoid
4. CarpeDaym

Cubes/Brewers
1. Technobabble - 20L
2. Grainer 20L
3. Mardoo 20L
4. MartinOC 20L
5. Idzy 20L
6. Damn 20L
7. DJ_L3ThAL 20L
8. Yob 20L
9. JB 20L
10. Micbrew 20L
11. ro55c0 20L
14. RelaxedBrewer 20L
15. Breakbeer 20L
16. Midnight Brew 20L
17. Grumpy Paul 20L

Latest posts

Back