2014 Vic Xmas in July case swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
idzy said:
Place 7 is available Mick. Take the plunge and commit buddy. Get that leave pass happening :)
Heh. So it is.

I think I saw it in the thread earlier, can't find it now though... What's the bottle preference? I've got the PET 700's I normally use, as well as the glass 650's & glass 750's (recycled longnecks).

1. Yob - APA
2. Mardoo - Two Takes on Three Cascades
3. Idzy - California Common Steam Ale
4. Technobabble66 - probably a Fat Yak style PA done w kolsch yeast.
5. GrumpyPaul - "Grumpy's Scottish Litter" (Scottish 80 to be aged on bourbon soaked oak)
6. Grainer - Robust Porter.. plus some top up of something else..not enough bottles as it is going in a comp
7. Mick (mofox1) - Citra APA
8. Relaxed brewer
9. MartinOC
10. Midnight Brew
11. Woostyle
12. zeggie
13. Damn - Probably an IPA\
14. DJ_L3ThAL - probably my Chestnut Pilsner
15. Camo6 - Rye AIPA
16. micbrew
17. Warmbeer
18. JB
19. ro55c0 - Rye IPA
20. Whiteferret
21. AJ80 - chocolate vanilla stout
22. Breakbeer
23. Black n Tan- "The Witches Cauldron" American Imperial Red Ale (partial stein beer)
24. syl

Reserves:

Non-Swap Attendees
1. Nullnvoid
2. Cocko - Will bring a keg of some beer. Probably the best beer you have EVER tasted. .. ever.
3. New_Guy - will make some slow roast pulled pork taco's
4. CarpeDaym
5. peaky

Cubes/Brewers
1. Technobabble - 20L
2. Grainer 20L
3. Mardoo 20L
4. MartinOC 20L
5. Idzy 20L
6. Damn 20L
7. DJ_L3ThAL 20L
8. Yob 20L
9. JB 20L
10. Micbrew 20L
11. ro55c0 20L
12. Whiteferret 20L if enough can be brewed.
13. AJ80 20L, but understand am at the bottom of a looooooong list
14. RelaxedBrewer 20L
15. Breakbeer 20L
16. Midnight Brew 20L
17. Grumpy Paul 20L

Total: 340 litres

@mofox1 - any of those bottles should be fine. There was a mixture of those the last swap I attended.

~ Just adding in my 2 possible swap beers

1. Yob - APA
5. GrumpyPaul - "Grumpy's Scottish Litter" (Scottish 80 to be aged on bourbon soaked oak)
6. Grainer - Robust Porter.. plus some top up of something else..not enough bottles as it is going in a comp
8. Relaxed brewer
9. MartinOC
10. Midnight Brew
11. Woostyle
12. zeggie
13. Damn - Probably an IPA\
15. Camo6 - Rye AIPA
16. micbrew - IRA
17. Warmbeer
18. JB - Imperial ESB or Choc Brown Ale - depends on pre-swap tastings
19. ro55c0 - Rye IPA
20. Whiteferret
22. Breakbeer
23. Black n Tan- "The Witches Cauldron" American Imperial Red Ale (partial stein beer)
24. syl

Reserves:

Non-Swap Attendees
1. Nullnvoid
2. Cocko - Will bring a keg of some beer. Probably the best beer you have EVER tasted. .. ever.
4. CarpeDaym
5. peaky

Cubes/Brewers
1. Technobabble - 20L
2. Grainer 20L
3. Mardoo 20L
4. MartinOC 20L
5. Idzy 20L
6. Damn 20L
7. DJ_L3ThAL 20L
8. Yob 20L
9. JB 20L
10. Micbrew 20L
11. ro55c0 20L
14. RelaxedBrewer 20L
15. Breakbeer 20L
16. Midnight Brew 20L
17. Grumpy Paul 20L

PM Sent re the details for the swap day, if Ive missed anyone, please let me know and I'll invite you into the PM.

Cheers

Luke1992 said:
Is this still happening? I could have a tasty NZ IPA ready by then
Hey mate you can take my spot. I've been overseas and was on the reserves when I left so I don't have anything ready.

I know I'm cutting it fine, but I finally brewed my swap beer last weekend & bought the yeast for it today

It's a Chai spiced Milk Stout & I went with some WLP004 Irish Ale Yeast

I'll pitch it tomorrow & bottle in 10 - 14 days, should be ready to drink a week or so after the swap

:beerbang:

I know I'm not in the swap, but I bottled a batch today. Thankfully it will be ready to drink by the 19th July.

I think I will have run out of supply by then. Can't brew it quick enough. And it would be very embarrassing turning up to my first swap with bought beer :(

Nullnvoid said:
I know I'm not in the swap, but I bottled a batch today. Thankfully it will be ready to drink by the 19th July.

I think I will have run out of supply by then. Can't brew it quick enough. And it would be very embarrassing turning up to my first swap with bought beer :(
Lol... I'm watching my dwindling stocks right now... 50L about to be bottled, but nothing on the shelves!

Edit: Or is that "stocks dwindling"... as I'm affecting that result right now?

Nullnvoid said:

I showed up to my first swap with bought beer (tipped out 100 longnecks due to infection a couple weeks prior), and now I'm showing up to my second swap with bought beer (haven't brewed for two years). Both swaps at the same address. What a sad c^#t... lol

Yob said:
Didn't you brew the other week? Tell me you did!!
Yep, knocked out an IPA last Sunday on the old brew rig that I sold to a mate. First time I've brewed in 2 years and still managed to hit the targets ;-) First time the system has been used in 2 years also.

Popped into Grain and Grape today and bought a couple of fermenters and some other bits and bobs. Called into The Good Guys after that and bought a new 120L Westinghouse fridge, after a small mod to the freezer box the fermenter fits perfectly. Going back to pick up another fridge tomorrow.
Got the Braumeister rundown by the young bloke at G&G today, and looked at a Kegorator, might have to take the trailer with me on the next trip there in a few weeks time....... ;-)

Just sampled my 2nd stubbie....I thinks its good to go. I hope its up to your standards guys. Lucky I brewed a double batch, lovin it in fact.

1. Yob - APA
8. Relaxed brewer
9. MartinOC
10. Midnight Brew
11. Woostyle
12. zeggie
13. Damn - English IPA confirmed
15. Camo6 - Rye AIPA
16. micbrew - IRA
17. Warmbeer
19. ro55c0 - Rye IPA
20. Whiteferret
22. Breakbeer
24. syl

Reserves:

Non-Swap Attendees
1. Nullnvoid
4. CarpeDaym
5. peaky

Cubes/Brewers
1. Technobabble - 20L
2. Grainer 20L
3. Mardoo 20L
4. MartinOC 20L
5. Idzy 20L
6. Damn 20L
7. DJ_L3ThAL 20L
8. Yob 20L
9. JB 20L
10. Micbrew 20L
11. ro55c0 20L
14. RelaxedBrewer 20L
15. Breakbeer 20L
16. Midnight Brew 20L
17. Grumpy Paul 20L

Just moved myself to the non swap list to free up a spot if anyone wants to grab it. Im waiting on parts for a fermentation fridge build that are still expected to arrive sometime in the next 2 weeks. I just feel its not going to arrive in enough time. If it comes in time I'll set it up ferment and be a drinking date added to the list. Alternatively if no one takes the spot I do have a batch of foreign extra stout to swap but will need a few months before drinking. Just not happy where it is at currently and needs a little more time to condition.

1. Yob - APA
8. Relaxed brewer
9. MartinOC
11. Woostyle
12. zeggie
15. Camo6 - Rye AIPA
16. micbrew - IRA
17. Warmbeer
19. ro55c0 - Rye IPA
20. Whiteferret
22. Breakbeer
24. syl

Reserves:

Non-Swap Attendees
1. Nullnvoid
4. CarpeDaym
5. peaky
6. Midnight Brew

Cubes/Brewers
1. Technobabble - 20L
2. Grainer 20L
3. Mardoo 20L
4. MartinOC 20L
5. Idzy 20L
6. Damn 20L
7. DJ_L3ThAL 20L
8. Yob 20L
9. JB 20L
10. Micbrew 20L
11. ro55c0 20L
14. RelaxedBrewer 20L
15. Breakbeer 20L
16. Midnight Brew 20L
17. Grumpy Paul 20L

I'm going to blend out the Belgian triple IPA monster, had a glass yesterday and while killer, it's a bit on the syrupy side, a very deceptive %15 (ish) flavour and aroma were not affected by the blended glass I had yesterday but made it a bit more quaffable.. Just about time for the keg hop addition :)

Hi Guys,

I'm new here but was just sent over because I hear about this swap/meetup. I'd love to come along if it's open.

I'm pretty new to homebrewing but I have some homebrew to swap but I'm not sure if I have enough. I have 19 bottles of Almond Chocolate Stout.

If this isn't enough it would be good to come along and meet up with people anyway and maybe get some tips.

Luke1992 said:
Is this still happening? I could have a tasty NZ IPA ready by then

Yob said:
Yes its still happening, put yourself on the reserve list, if anyone drops out you move in to swap.

Woostyle said:
Hey mate you can take my spot. I've been overseas and was on the reserves when I left so I don't have anything ready.
As per the above - I have moved Woostyle to the Non Swappers and put Luke1992 in his place on the Swappers list.

1. Yob - APA
8. Relaxed brewer
9. MartinOC
11. Luke1992 - NZ IPA
12. zeggie
15. Camo6 - Rye AIPA
16. micbrew - IRA
17. Warmbeer
19. ro55c0 - Rye IPA
20. Whiteferret
22. Breakbeer
24. syl

Reserves:

Non-Swap Attendees
1. Nullnvoid
4. CarpeDaym
5. peaky
6. Midnight Brew
7. Woostyle

Cubes/Brewers
1. Technobabble - 20L
2. Grainer 20L
3. Mardoo 20L
4. MartinOC 20L
5. Idzy 20L
6. Damn 20L
7. DJ_L3ThAL 20L
8. Yob 20L
9. JB 20L
10. Micbrew 20L
11. ro55c0 20L
14. RelaxedBrewer 20L
15. Breakbeer 20L
16. Midnight Brew 20L
17. Grumpy Paul 20L

Meats said:
Hi Guys,

I'm new here but was just sent over because I hear about this swap/meetup. I'd love to come along if it's open.

I'm pretty new to homebrewing but I have some homebrew to swap but I'm not sure if I have enough. I have 19 bottles of Almond Chocolate Stout.

If this isn't enough it would be good to come along and meet up with people anyway and maybe get some tips.
Meats - it appears spot no.10 has been vacated by Midnight Brew. However as the are 24 swappers you need 24 bottles.

So you can either add yourself to the swappers or non swappers list.

Simply copy the full list above, edit accordingly and repost.

Yob said:
PM Sent re the details for the swap day, if I've missed anyone, please let me know and I'll invite you into the PM.

Cheers
Yob - You might need to add Meats tot he mailing list so he gets the details

Thanks for letting me know. I'll come along as a non-swapper this time but I'll bring some of my beer to share anyway. Would be good to get some informed feedback!

1. Yob - APA
8. Relaxed brewer
9. MartinOC
11. Luke1992 - NZ IPA
12. zeggie
15. Camo6 - Rye AIPA
16. micbrew - IRA
17. Warmbeer
19. ro55c0 - Rye IPA
20. Whiteferret
22. Breakbeer
24. syl

Reserves:

Non-Swap Attendees
1. Nullnvoid
4. CarpeDaym
5. peaky
6. Midnight Brew
7. Woostyle
8. Meats

Cubes/Brewers
1. Technobabble - 20L
2. Grainer 20L
3. Mardoo 20L
4. MartinOC 20L
5. Idzy 20L
6. Damn 20L
7. DJ_L3ThAL 20L
8. Yob 20L
9. JB 20L
10. Micbrew 20L
11. ro55c0 20L
14. RelaxedBrewer 20L
15. Breakbeer 20L
16. Midnight Brew 20L
17. Grumpy Paul 20L

Latest posts

Back