2014 Vic Xmas in July case swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh no Nev, we go plenty hard, just we brew vast amounts as well so its prudent to start the night before to get warmed up the equipment sorted..

One of these days I'll take you up on that Nev..

:kooi:

Yob said:
Oh no Nev, we go plenty hard, just we brew vast amounts as well so its prudent to start the night before to get warmed up the equipment sorted..

One of these days I'll take you up on that Nev..

:kooi:
More than welcome, we will avoid Belmont and Armadale (jyo town ) .
Ok we dont brew on our case swaps, hence only one day of mayhem.
Nev

I call BS Nev. From what I hear nothing goes hard when jyo's involved...unless Yob drags Cocko along.

Just bottled my summer ale. I will mark it as 10A and include the bottling date. Meats will mark his as 10B.

Updating below for clarity:

1. Yob - APA
2. Mardoo - Two Takes on Three Cascades
3. Idzy - California Common Steam Ale
4. Technobabble66 - probably a Fat Yak style PA done w kolsch yeast.
5. GrumpyPaul - "Grumpy's Scottish Litter" (Scottish 80 to be aged on bourbon soaked oak)
6. Grainer - Robust Porter.. plus some top up of something else..not enough bottles as it is going in a comp
7. Mick (mofox1) - Citra APA
8. Relaxed brewer
9. MartinOC
10a. CarpeDaym - Quaffer Pale Ale
10b. Meats - Almond Chocolate Stout
11. Luke1992 - NZ IPA
12. zeggie
13. Damn - English IPA confirmed
14. DJ_L3ThAL - probably my Chestnut Pilsner
15. Camo6 - Rye AIPA
16. micbrew - IRA
17. Warmbeer
18. JB - Imperial ESB or Choc Brown Ale - depends on pre-swap tastings
19. ro55c0 - Rye IPA
20. Whiteferret
21. AJ80 - chocolate vanilla stout
22. Breakbeer
23. Black n Tan- "The Witches Cauldron" American Imperial Red Ale (partial stein beer)
24. syl

Reserves:

Non-Swap Attendees
1. Nullnvoid
2. Cocko - Will bring a keg of some beer. Probably the best beer you have EVER tasted. .. ever.
3. New_Guy - will make some slow roast pulled pork taco's
4. peaky
5. Midnight Brew
6. Woostyle

Cubes/Brewers
1. Technobabble - 20L
2. Grainer 20L
3. Mardoo 20L
4. MartinOC 20L
5. Idzy 20L
6. Damn 20L
7. DJ_L3ThAL 20L
8. Yob 20L
9. JB 20L
10. Micbrew 20L
11. ro55c0 20L
12. Whiteferret 20L if enough can be brewed.
13. AJ80 20L, but understand am at the bottom of a looooooong list
14. RelaxedBrewer 20L
15. Breakbeer 20L
16. Midnight Brew 20L
17. Grumpy Paul 20L

Total: 340 litres

Edit: fuckballs.

I'm really sorry but I have to pull out, I know it's late notice and a pain in the arse (especially as I'm supposed to be helping with the food) but I've got a commitment I cant get out of. I'm forfeiting my place in the swap and in the cube list, and I'll try to get the beers I made for the swap around to Yob's during the week so they can be split between everyone as they were brewed for you guys anyway. Gutted I can't make it, I was really looking forward to meeting (some of) you guys in person.

1. Yob - APA
2. Mardoo - Two Takes on Three Cascades
3. Idzy - California Common Steam Ale
4. Technobabble66 - probably a Fat Yak style PA done w kolsch yeast.
5. GrumpyPaul - "Grumpy's Scottish Litter" (Scottish 80 to be aged on bourbon soaked oak)
6. Grainer - Robust Porter.. plus some top up of something else..not enough bottles as it is going in a comp
7. Mick (mofox1) - Citra APA
8. Relaxed brewer
9. MartinOC
10a. CarpeDaym - Quaffer Pale Ale
10b. Meats - Almond Chocolate Stout
11. Luke1992 - NZ IPA
12. zeggie
13. Damn - English IPA confirmed
14. DJ_L3ThAL - probably my Chestnut Pilsner
15. Camo6 - Rye AIPA
16. micbrew - IRA
17. Warmbeer
18. JB - Imperial ESB or Choc Brown Ale - depends on pre-swap tastings
20. Whiteferret
21. AJ80 - chocolate vanilla stout
22. Breakbeer
23. Black n Tan- "The Witches Cauldron" American Imperial Red Ale (partial stein beer)
24. syl

Reserves:

Non-Swap Attendees
1. Nullnvoid
2. Cocko - Will bring a keg of some beer. Probably the best beer you have EVER tasted. .. ever.
3. New_Guy - will make some slow roast pulled pork taco's
4. peaky
5. Midnight Brew
6. Woostyle

Cubes/Brewers
1. Technobabble - 20L
2. Grainer 20L
3. Mardoo 20L
4. MartinOC 20L
5. Idzy 20L
6. Damn 20L
7. DJ_L3ThAL 20L
8. Yob 20L
9. JB 20L
10. Micbrew 20L
11. Whiteferret 20L if enough can be brewed.
12. AJ80 20L, but understand am at the bottom of a looooooong list
13. RelaxedBrewer 20L
14. Breakbeer 20L
15. Midnight Brew 20L
16. Grumpy Paul 20L

Total: 340 litres

Thought we'd just huddle around that rocket-engine of a burner you've got planned for the big brew.

Should feel like we're in Dubai within about 15 foot of that baby.

Yob, Can I asked the planned brew time? I know I am not involved but really wanna watch this EPIC batch be made....

Also, is anyone else bringing a keg? Reason I ask, is I can bring an eski that will fit my stumpy style and probably 2 more cornies side by side or I will just bring a bucket for mine and ice.

only 2 more ice addict sleeps! WOOT!

Plan is.. most of the work will be done on the Friday so hope to mash in 10am (ish) at the latest.. If I can get that water to strike before that, we will mash in as soon as we can.. Having done/seen swap days before things rarely run to plan.. But we can hope eh?

Have a (half-a) keg of porter, so it wont need fridging, just good to go at winter ambient.

Will be there around 2 'ish, Metro willing.

Being an observer, I reckon you guys should mash in at 3pm. Guaranteed circus performance! :lol:

Despite telling my wife about the all important case swap in July, by not having it displayed in giant text on the refrigerator (kinda like facebook but not as encompassing) she has promised to babysit for the SIL's anniversary that night leaving me with the kids. The only benefit from this is, while I can only attend for a few hours, I've guilted her into dropping me off and picking me up. The only good news is, due to a lack of brewing lately, I'll only be able to bring my case swap beer and a sixer of TED's. How's that good news you say? Because Cocko's bringing a keg!

Back