2014 Vic Xmas in July case swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. Yob - APA
2. Mardoo - Two Takes on Three Cascades
3. Idzy - California Common Steam Ale
4. Technobabble66 - probably a Fat Yak style PA done w kolsch yeast.
5. GrumpyPaul - "Grumpy's Scottish Litter" (Scottish 80 to be aged on bourbon soaked oak)
6. Grainer - Robust Porter.. plus some top up of something else..not enough bottles as it is going in a comp
7. Mick (mofox1) - Citra APA
8. Relaxed brewer - oatmeal stout and EPA (a stubby of each... accidentally drank to many to put 2 stubbies of 1 type in)
9. MartinOC - Caledonian Porter on steroids.
10a. CarpeDaym - Quaffer Pale Ale
10b. Meats - Almond Chocolate Stout
11. Luke1992 - NZ IPA
12. zeggie
13. Damn - English IPA confirmed
14. DJ_L3ThAL - probably my Chestnut Pilsner
15. Camo6 - Rye AIPA
16. micbrew - Irish Red Ale
17. Warmbeer - 'Scapegoat' oatmeal stout
18. JB - Imperial ESB
20. Whiteferret - Irish Red Ale
21. AJ80 - chocolate vanilla stout
22. Breakbeer
23. Black n Tan- "The Witches Cauldron" American Imperial Red Ale (partial stein beer)
24. syl

Reserves:

Non-Swap Attendees
1. Nullnvoid
2. Cocko - Will bring a keg of some beer. Probably the best beer you have EVER tasted. .. ever.
3. New_Guy - will make some slow roast pulled pork taco's
4. peaky
5. Midnight Brew
6. Woostyle

Cubes/Brewers
1. Technobabble - 20L
2. Grainer 20L
3. Mardoo 20L
4. MartinOC 20L
5. Idzy 20L
6. Damn 20L
7. DJ_L3ThAL 20L
8. Yob 20L
9. JB 20L
10. Micbrew 20L
11. Whiteferret 20L
12. AJ80 20L, but understand am at the bottom of a looooooong list
13. RelaxedBrewer 20L
14. Breakbeer 20L
15. Midnight Brew 20L
16. Grumpy Paul 20L

Total: 320 litres

pedleyr said:
I won't be there but happy to offer up my 2.6kg KK gas bottle for the night (just swapped for a full one on the weekend so plenty to get through the night) if anyone wants to pick it up and drop it back to me in Rowville.
Legend, thank you muchly mate, but I am sure we will get through with out bothering you for such a minor thing, absolute respect though :beerbang:

Also, with Rowville being in a different time zone, it could get confusing to collect :p

Seriously though, thanks all the same.

I have a keg charger thingy but doesn't seem to work well, as in, it chews a little bulb just to refill to serving at times..... I blame Small Fry.

Anyway, cheers!

No drama, offer is open if circumstances require it! ******* jealous that I can't make it, third in a row that hasn't worked out for me... And this one had heaps of notice too.

Next time I hope to be able to manage the time zone differences better and make it along.

Pedo, easy answer - xmas swap at yours. Sorted.

Please let us know the date and times etc.

You're a good man.

:p [My pokey tongue emoticon is wearing out atm LOL]

Seriously though, make the effort next one, always worth it from my experience. Look forward to a beer with you.

Cheers

I assume someone else is bringing gas? I think the bottle will be fine and I've got a shit ton of bulbs, but carting a bottle from keg to keg all day don't sound like fun..

Thanks for the offer pedleyr, pickup wouldn't be an issue but getting it back to you would be :)

My bottle is dry, if I can get a chance to change it over, I will bring a freshy but can't see it happening.... will do my best, my be able to swing through Daves on the way.

I will bring the nanga adaptor thingy and all spare bulbs.

Yeah I imagine that driving wouldn't be an option on the evening!

Can always bring it back on the next day... I wouldn't be wanting it for a couple of days. Or if I placed an order for hops I could get 2 birds with one stone and come and grab it... If it is needed, don't worry as much about the logistics.

See how it pans out, chances are someone that's attending will bring one I imagine.

Cocko said:
Ok, my eski will fit my stumpy and 2 more kegs.... DJ_L3Thal has centre seat - one left, if needed.

I will bring it and a few bags of ice [Frozen water] - Yob thinks we should be able to top up for serving from his gas supply during the day but if any one has a little KK bottle and ball lock.....

Anyway, Grainer, do you want the aisle seat for your DCC? - probably not an ice cold beer style but there if you want it?

Cheers
I'm bringing my 2.6kg, has 3 ball lock outlets already fitted and is a fresh bottle :)

Continued getting things ready.. well.. at least planned this afternoon..

MT Platform.JPG

Worked out how to support the 200lt and the 120lt MT's

Manifold.JPG

Did some long overdue tinkering to the fridge to good effect.. now if only I can stop drinking the swap kegs :lol:

:super:

Yob said:
Continued getting things ready.. well.. at least planned this afternoon..

attachicon.gif
MT Platform.JPG

Worked out how to support the 200lt and the 120lt MT's
You don't think 300-odd kilos of grain & water might push those metal feet down, unevenly, into your lawn?

technobabble66 said:
Hey Yob, u around tmrw arvo/night for a 2kg Amber drop off? Did u want it pre milled, or r u guys milling it all on Friday?
Milling it all on Friday, I think there is another mill coming as well? (Memory says yes, though when and who elude me)

SmallFry said:
You don't think 300-odd kilos of grain & water might push those metal feet down, unevenly, into your lawn?
wont be set up there mate was just having a look at it, where it'll be set up is rock hard, I could plate the feet if I felt the need but dont rekon it'll be an issue *famous last words :lol:

The leading edge will have props fit as well, it'll be going nowhere

:ph34r:

I can bring another mill....
I have not attached it to anything but have a sheet of ply with the right size hole cut.
Just need to hold the mill while milling. Also have not built and extra large hopper yet.

I got a gazebo

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Home Brewer

Yob said:
wont be set up there mate was just having a look at it, where it'll be set up is rock hard, I could plate the feet if I felt the need but dont rekon it'll be an issue *famous last words :lol:

The leading edge will have props fit as well, it'll be going nowhere

:ph34r:
Just make sure maticle is there to catch the mash tun when it fall's again.

Latest posts

Back