2014 Vic Xmas in July case swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No probs. I might come down and, depending on what I have in stock, bring a keg. Possibly a milk stout or a Kolsch (if it clears in time).

Gotta clear this up with SWMBO for a lift from/to Doreen

Siborgs comment about getting a lift from his SWMBO got me thinking.

Maybe we can get some car pooling happening.

So that got me thinking about tidying up the details and put it all in a spreadheet.

I dont seem to be able to put a table in a popst without losing all the formatting - so I have posted it as a pic and the excel table

What other info can you provide?

• Whats your swap beer?
  • Are you bringing any food - if so what?
  • Where are you coming from - and are you driving ( or getting driven)?

Post or send me your details and I will update the table below.

Swap planning.png

View attachment swap planning.xlsx

You can add me to the driving category. I will be taking a trailer too and sleeping the night (I believe in the bungalow or plan b a tent).

Just updating my swap beer - had some issues transferring the stout off all those raspberries and the batch is likely well oxidised. As such, the brew is not at a standard I'm happy to share with you all. Good news is the other cube of stout from the batch is fermented out and has had a fair whack of cacao nibs added and will get some vanilla beans added for a day or two as well before bottling this weekend.

1. Yob
2. Mardoo
3. Idzy
4. Technobabble66 - probably a Fat Yak style PA done w kolsch yeast.
5. GrumpyPaul - "Grumpy's Scottish Litter" (Scottish 80 to be aged on bourbon soaked oak)
6. Grainer - Robust Porter.. plus some top up of something else..not enough bottles as it is going in a comp
7. Brouhaha
8. Relaxed brewer
9. MartinOC
10. Midnight Brew
11. Wolfman (tentative)
12. zeggie
13. Damn - Probably an IPA\
14. DJ_L3ThAL - probably my Chestnut Pilsner
15. Camo6 - apa/ipa
16. micbrew
17. Warmbeer
18. JB
19. ro55c0 - Rye IPA
20. Whiteferret
21. AJ80 - chocolate vanilla stout
22. Edak
23. Black n Tan- "The Witches Cauldron" American Imperial Red Ale (partial stein beer)
24. Carpedaym

Reserves:
1. Breakbeer
2. syl
3. Shane R
4. Woostyle

Non-Swap Attendees
1. Nullnvoid
2. Cocko - Will bring a keg of some beer. Probably the best beer you have EVER tasted. :lol: .. ever.
3. CarpeDaym
4. RelaxedBrewer
5. New_Guy - will make some slow roast pulled pork taco's

Cubes/Brewers
1. Technobabble - 20L
2. Grainer 20L
3. Mardoo 20L
4. MartinOC 20L
5. Idzy 20L
6. Damn 20L
7. DJ_L3ThAL 20L
8. Yob 20L
9. JB 20L
10. Micbrew 20L
11. ro55c0 20L
12. Whiteferret 20L if enough can be brewed.
13. AJ80 20L, but understand am at the bottom of a looooooong list
14. RelaxedBrewer 20L
15. Breakbeer 20L
16. Midnight Brew 20L
17. Grumpy Paul 20L

Total: 340 litres

I am afraid that I have to pull out of the swap. SWMBO says that it's our anniversary so I have to spend the day with her. Looks Luke breakbeer gets my place...

Holy shit, better get my brew on.

Shame you can't be there Kade, was lookin forward to a chat

1. Yob
2. Mardoo
3. Idzy - California Common Steam Ale
4. Technobabble66 - probably a Fat Yak style PA done w kolsch yeast.
5. GrumpyPaul - "Grumpy's Scottish Litter" (Scottish 80 to be aged on bourbon soaked oak)
6. Grainer - Robust Porter.. plus some top up of something else..not enough bottles as it is going in a comp
7. Brouhaha
8. Relaxed brewer
9. MartinOC
10. Midnight Brew
11. Wolfman (tentative)
12. zeggie
13. Damn - Probably an IPA\
14. DJ_L3ThAL - probably my Chestnut Pilsner
15. Camo6 - apa/ipa
16. micbrew
17. Warmbeer
18. JB
19. ro55c0 - Rye IPA
20. Whiteferret
21. AJ80 - chocolate vanilla stout
22. Breakbeer
23. Black n Tan- "The Witches Cauldron" American Imperial Red Ale (partial stein beer)
24. Carpedaym

Reserves:
1. syl
2. Shane R
3. Woostyle
4. Woostyle

Non-Swap Attendees
1. Nullnvoid
2. Cocko - Will bring a keg of some beer. Probably the best beer you have EVER tasted. :lol: .. ever.
3. CarpeDaym
4. RelaxedBrewer
5. New_Guy - will make some slow roast pulled pork taco's

Cubes/Brewers
1. Technobabble - 20L
2. Grainer 20L
3. Mardoo 20L
4. MartinOC 20L
5. Idzy 20L
6. Damn 20L
7. DJ_L3ThAL 20L
8. Yob 20L
9. JB 20L
10. Micbrew 20L
11. ro55c0 20L
12. Whiteferret 20L if enough can be brewed.
13. AJ80 20L, but understand am at the bottom of a looooooong list
14. RelaxedBrewer 20L
15. Breakbeer 20L
16. Midnight Brew 20L
17. Grumpy Paul 20L

Total: 340 litres

added my beer and breakbeer into the swap.

breakbeer said:
Holy shit, better get my brew on.

Shame you can't be there Kade, was lookin forward to a chat
I'm upset because I wanted to catch up with a few of you and also wanted to see this monster brew!

Updated the spreadsheet.

Any more details on the catering side of things?
Whats your swap beer?
Where are you coming from and are you driving/getting driven there? (ie can you pick someone up along the way)

Swap planning.png

View attachment swap planning.xlsx

Hang in there bench warmers....there is still a chance you will make the team. Reserve list is down to 3.

Catering is being driven in a pm circulating about and looks to be well in hand mate, can invite you in if you want?

By all means invite me in.....
Do you want all the details in a spreadsheet/plan like this?

Or do I just have too much time on my hands at work and am exposing my inner geek/nerd procilivities towards a Excel and a strange fetish to put everything inot a spreadsheet?

Yeeeeah, I get to swap some beers. Stoked!

I'll be brewing a Chai Milk Stout for my swap beer, just waiting on delivery of the last few ingredients I need so may not get to brew it until the weekend after this one. Which means they may not be ready to drink on swap day, but a week or so afterwards.

First time I've ever brewed this beer, but wanted to do something different for my fellow brewers so I hope it turns out alright.

I'm gonna aim for 28 bottles, which is 24 for the swap, an extra for the host, one for me to sample & two to age & see how they go. That's 21L, which is a full cube with 2L of trub in the FV. Fingers crossed

:beerbang:

Dry Hopping my Swap beer today, preliminary tasting is good, back up beer will be pitched tmoz..

Not far off now peeps, better get to collecting some wood for the fire and getting the odd jobs sorted.

:kooi:

I'll be dry hopping my back up beer soon as my original swap beer seemed a bit unbalanced to me. It was meant to be an English IPA but an early tasting lacked bitterness.
Hopefully a rye AIPA will save the day.

Yob, I've got access to as much firewood as you'll ever need. How much do you want & how big?

Making hay when the sun shines ...

I to bottled my swap beer ... its all coming together quite nicely
thanks to JB for allowing me to use his brew rig to get this one done !

its gunna be EPIC

cheers mick

Bottled my English IPA 2 weeks ago and will test in 2 weeks. Made another version of this 3 months ago and fked up the hop additions still tastes bloody good to me. Really enjoying the malt flavour. So I'm expecting better. I've got a APA as a back up.

Mine was bottled the weekend before last.

So it will be well and truly ready to drink by swap day.

In fact it will be 2 months in the bottle - so it will have "aged' and "mellowed' nicely by then too

Latest posts

Back